Few bits from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few bits from today

Quite a few footballing people around today and managed to get a few tit bits..some QPR some not.

The players are seriously happy with Warnock and seem to be breathing a collective sigh of relief that they know who the new long term gaffer is. I wont name names but I think a handful didnt give a monkeys about Harford as they all knew he would be off at some point - wrong, I know, but well....Anyway, morale is certainly high.

The new staff are slightly concerned at the fitness of a few of the players so they have to be ready for an intensive gym session starting at 9am sharp tomorrow. "They won't know what has f'ing hit them..is one quote i overheard"

Forget all the bs floating about today, Warnock is certainly keen on bringing in 2 Palace players asap.

Neil is chomping at the bit it seems, is confident we will stay up and next year its all about ruining this league...there most certainly is a war chest for next season (thank you Mr Mittal!)

Sousa is after Adel (who isnt interested in going)

Watford are in deep deep doudou...on the verge of going into administration. And I mean deep doudou..the are robbing peter to pay paul at the moment..I wouldnt be surprised if rumours of non players wages payments crop up very soon.

Chelsea are looking at a Korean..not as he's much kop it seems but purely to exploit that market

McCarthy is tabling an offer for an Ivory Coast player whose name i cant remember.

Sven has been offered 2 national team roles and apparently 1 premiership?!?!

I'll also add that the mood of QPR staff has often been "wary" or.."on edge" when FB was running the shop..today was very very different..everyone is happy, upbeat and quite excited it seems.

Oh and finally..and I know this isnt very exciting but it was fantastic to see. The Community Trust run something with local OAPs - i think they were on the pitch getting a cheque recently?? Anyway, it's basically like a coffee morning/get together/fitness thing (think basic pilates or similar). And i met all those who had come along for todays session (had to pick something up from reception). It was fantastic..and I mean fantastic..I got the impression that all these old dears and old guys didnt have much family, didnt have that many friends and that this was their only social event/interaction of their week. They were so excited to see each other and came in virtually all on their own and were like "oh hello, Bill!" "oh hello vera" etc. It was obvious that this was a "lifeline" to an extent?

I know it may sound trivial, but what the community trust are doing with such a thing is honestly making peoples day/week/month. It was heart warming to see...as soon as I got home I called my Nan to make sure she was ok. It really got to me...So..well done QPR on that.

Gym saession at 9 am !

The mans a slave driver.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Nice one scott. Not just the players but we all knew Harford was a stop gap and we can look forward to a long and hopefully successful era under warnock.
      Hopefully we'll see the best of this bunch before the end of the season.

Unfit players.. hazard a guess at Adel, Stewart, Quashie, Vine, Buzsaky..

Comment

sorry scott where dd you go today mate , wlll you be at the wba game sat ?

Comment

Originally posted by herts hoop View Post
          sorry scott where dd you go today mate , wlll you be at the wba game sat ?
          Korea vs. Ivory Coast mate...damned good game as it goes. And yeah, i'll be there Saturday mate..looking forward to it!

Comment

hope they carry on with the community trust scheme-sounds very positive scott !
            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
            London Pride is a flower that's free.
            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Did Drogba play? What was the score?

Comment

korea won i think

Comment

great to hear about the club mood, once they get the prices sorted out, I'll be well happy

Comment

2-0 korea
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

The size of some of the players ATM is ridiculous!!! it is obvious that stewart, Adel, Vine, Buz and possible would go as far as Borrowdale. Hope they get a serious wake up call tomorrow.

Comment

i agree they need to get the prices to a realstic price

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                          great to hear about the club mood, once they get the prices sorted out, I'll be well happy
                          Watch this space re that. Overhead some things being banded about..I actually think you'll struggle to get a match day ticket next year..no ****.

Game was 2-0 to Korea. Drogba dived/winged/was a plum BUT he is frigging awesome to watch I have to say..It was a pleasure to see him today albeit i took as much pleasure in seeing him lose.

I'd be tempted to have a cheeky bet on the Koreans for the World Cup..they are VERY organised..and are a damned good team. Very disciplined and basically operate without a striker..sounds bizarre but its true

Comment

Korea are decent scotty boy....korea and USA will go further then England.

actually should I delete this before the busy bodies have a winge about my opinion?
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                              hope they carry on with the community trust scheme-sounds very positive scott !
                              I know it may sound a small thing but, that morning obviously makes a massive massive difference to 30 odd peoples lives. It was heart warming to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X