Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people ask what has Briatore done for us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people ask what has Briatore done for us...

just take a look at Crystal Palace.

They have a larger fan base than us and despite paying lower admission prices than us (which many of you are campaigning for), their immediate future is very dark.

Yes Briatore is a bit mad, but under his stewardship we have not had the concerns of admin hanging over our head.

If you choose one thing to have any appreciation for him, this is it.

Goes back to my long held argument that fans need to put their efforts in forcing a salary cap. If all clubs join up, we can do complete boycotts of games across the whole country and force change. Until that time, footall chairmen will continue to try and appease fans and clubs will continue to fall by the wayside.

P.S. I trust this post will not be deemed inappropriate by the administrators of this messageboards and that i will not be subject to being called offensive names.

Gone fishing....

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
      Gone fishing....
      take your time, don't rush back

Comment

you forgotten to take your medication!

Comment

pal ace have a similar fanbase to us and are paying more than us...

Comment

not at all.

please explain why you disagree with my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
              pal ace have a similar fanbase to us and are paying more than us...
              I suspect you are wrong re fanbase. Does anyone have average attendance numbers available? If you are right re them paying more than us, why have all our fans been moaning about ticket prices ?

The core part of my argument is that Championship clubs are very expensive to run due to the amount all the clubs are having to pay out in wages to the greedy players. The cost of these wages is shared between fans and owner and is not an issue until one or both of those parties is unable to keep paying.

Comment

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/MatchTick...340321,00.html

cheapest adult ticket £25

palace attendances
                2009-2010 so far 14,523 (Championship)
                2008-2009: 15,220 (Championship League)

qpr attendances
                2009-2010 so far 13,075 (Championship)
                2008-2009 14,003 (Championship)
                2007-2008 13,959 (Championship League)

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                  I suspect you are wrong re fanbase. Does anyone have average attendance numbers available? If you are right re them paying more than us, why have all our fans been moaning about ticket prices ?

The core part of my argument is that Championship clubs are very expensive to run due to the amount all the clubs are having to pay out in wages to the greedy players. The cost of these wages is shared between fans and owner and is not an issue until one or both of those parties is unable to keep paying.
                  How did Burnley manage this last season ?

Comment

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/MatchTick...340321,00.html

cheapest adult ticket £25

palace attendances
                    2009-2010 so far 14,523 (Championship)
                    2008-2009: 15,220 (Championship League)

qpr attendances
                    2009-2010 so far 13,075 (Championship)
                    2008-2009 14,003 (Championship)
                    2007-2008 13,959 (Championship League)
                    So they currently have approximately an additional 1500 fans attending each week. An extra 12-13%. Not bad. Also paying more money than us.

Goes back to my other question. Why are QPR fans slating their club re admission prices ?

Comment

because season ticket prices are a ****ing joke and you barely save anything? shouldn't they be rewarding the loyal supporters who go week in week out

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        How did Burnley manage this last season ?
                        What are they doing this season is a bigger question. Their manager has left them as he doesn't believe that they can stay in the Premiership and they will almost certainly experience financial problems in the coming years if they don't get back into the Premiership straight away.

Comment

between 25 and 30 quid for an average joe seat i would think is fair. Absolutely Briatore started in the right way, raising our profile, good global sponsors, quality facilities (for the elite of course not us 20 quid tappers) . He just decended into farce with his ridiculous meddling into affairs he didnt have the skills for.

Comment

£450 for a season ticket in Q Block isn't good enough. A ticket there costs £20 and you save 50p a game for getting a s/t there, so if you miss one game you're out of pocket.

Comment

because season ticket prices are a ****ing joke and you barely save anything? shouldn't they be rewarding the loyal supporters who go week in week out
                              Magic, stop blaming the clubs. There is an obvious reason as to why clubs are charging silly admission prices. Until they ALL agree to take a stand (and we as fans can force this) this will continue.

Admission prices will only come down when expenses come down.

Comment

Working...
                              X