Good News Ahead Of The Boro Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    Reckon I know a little more than you, I'm sure there are many others who would laugh at that statement.

Unlike you I watch the games instead of spending the vast majority of my time singing silly songs pointing at the opposition fans for most of the match, which I have seen you do everytime I have seen you at away mathes.

Hows it go..."your mums your dad, your dads your......" give me a break!!!

I have played and watched enough football to understand the game thank you very much. Maybe if I started bringing a drum to football matches that would that make me an authority on the game?
    And you dont have a restricted view either

Comment

Leighterwood is an average player...should be in league 1. lazy,no first touch and has 1 good game out of 10. get Rid soon as.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Reckon I know a little more than you, I'm sure there are many others who would laugh at that statement.

Unlike you I watch the games instead of spending the vast majority of my time singing silly songs pointing at the opposition fans for most of the match, which I have seen you do everytime I have seen you at away mathes.

Hows it go..."your mums your dad, your dads your......" give me a break!!!

I have played and watched enough football to understand the game thank you very much. Maybe if I started bringing a drum to football matches that would that make me an authority on the game?
        My comments not aimed at Pete, but at another regular poster, who all the first half of an away game this season was constantly screaming "there's no outlet".
        At half time he disappeared for a few pints top up, returning to the stand 10 minutes after the second half started, having missed 10 minutes of cracking R's play, and a shot that hit the post.
        He was determined to carry on venting his frustration, as he can't do positive, that as he returned to his seat he was still shouting "there's no outlet" despite not even having looked up.
        Absolutely comical, if it wern't for the small band of younger impressionable fans hanging on his every word, and the fact that the next day he's on here telling everyone how **** we are.

Sorry.. almost forgot. Leighterwood not a bad player generally. One of the better ones.
        Last edited by RamseyR; 27-02-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

We shouldn't forget that when Pete was re-assuring us that the new manager would be in
          charge of player recruitment, the old regime had decided Leigertwood was worth an improved
          contract. So much for leaving it to the manager. I don't thing Warnock is a fan, so that new
          contract looks like another fine piece of business by our ex-DoF!

Personally, I agree with W12, Legs has a rubbish first touch and rarely looks like he's got the
          ball under. Agree about his workrate, but then I've always given 100%!

And, obviously, GP is a fan so his mouthpice must defend him..

... Oh, and I obviously know nothing about football and footballers too; hey ho!

Comment

Love the twist

You keep trying, a thread about Leighterwood now has the name of Gianni it it. **** me guys, don't you ever give it a rest??

Happy to see views on Legiterwood, but it doesn't need to descent into another GP thread.

For the record he was brought in by John Gregory just before the takeover, he is a good player at this level, we have problems when one of our betters players gets s.lagged off.

By the way Legiterwood's contract was approved before Flavio left and when we were not aware of a new manager coming in. Anyone with any kind of knowledge about the club, would know that.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by RamseyR View Post
              My comments not aimed at Pete, but at another regular poster, who all the first half of an away game this season was constantly screaming "there's no outlet".
              At half time he disappeared for a few pints top up, returning to the stand 10 minutes after the second half started, having missed 10 minutes of cracking R's play, and a shot that hit the post.
              He was determined to carry on venting his frustration, as he can't do positive, that as he returned to his seat he was still shouting "there's no outlet" despite not even having looked up.
              Absolutely comical, if it wern't for the small band of younger impressionable fans hanging on his every word, and the fact that the next day he's on here telling everyone how **** we are.

Sorry.. almost forgot. Leighterwood not a bad player generally. One of the better ones.
              Can you mention who?

Legs is sometimes excellent but can also go missing. When on his game he drives the midfield and is everywhere. He's got a great shot too. But he's far too inconsistent. He's not skillful enough to be the attacking centre mid and not disciplined enough to be the defensive centre mid. Faurlin isnkt that disciplined too but he's better in the challenge and makes more incisive passing, so him and buz for me. Given we have no decent right back, I'd put legs there.....I mean it worked well enough early in season. Maybe someone like warnock can make legs more disciplined and work on his passing? He def shouldn't be captain though

Comment

Your right should not be captain.

It does beggar belief that Legs gets slated and Gorkss (this deal was actually done by DOF) can get away scot free from criticism. The guy is often out of position and yet again if you look at The Doncaster game he was ball watching as opposed to staying in his rightful central position.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

That's true but for me gorkks has put in more good performances than legs over last 2 season. He's far more consistent. We need protection for back 4 and sometimes legs does that but sometimes he doesn'r. Having said all that, mt favorite player is faurlin yet if you look at quite a few of our goals conceded he loses his man. I miss when there but when you see replays it's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Love the twist

You keep trying, a thread about Leighterwood now has the name of Gianni it it. **** me guys, don't you ever give it a rest??

Happy to see views on Legiterwood, but it doesn't need to descent into another GP thread.
                    No. You began the descent when you posted this:

If you come to that conclusion, shows you know very little about football and above all footballers
                    Until that point the thread was going fine.

W12ranger was simply giving his OPINION of Leigertwood. You yourself always say how its all about "opinions"; you then go and shoot yourself in the foot with a comment like that, and THEN accuse others of debasing the thread.
                    Last edited by Stanley; 27-02-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Your right should not be captain.

It does beggar belief that Legs gets slated and Gorkss (this deal was actually done by DOF) can get away scot free from criticism. The guy is often out of position and yet again if you look at The Doncaster game he was ball watching as opposed to staying in his rightful central position.
                      Because he has to do the work of his full back aswell, whether he is on the right or left side of center half he has got a donkey next to him. Ramage is out of position every game and so is hill, both of their positioning is poor and gorkks has to cover for them

Comment

Stanley76

Then again, that is only my opinion of W12ranger knowledge on footballers

Comment

fantastic - so why the rolling eyes?...If you can dish it out so readily, learn to take it too when someone gives a differing view ;)
                          Last edited by Stanley; 28-02-2010, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Legs represents all whats bad at the club shows a lack of effort is lazy and seems not to care.

Oh yeah nearly forgot he cant pass either and what do we do make him captain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              Leighterwood is an average player...should be in league 1. lazy,no first touch and has 1 good game out of 10. get Rid soon as.
                              I agree.
                              Often turns possession into a 50-50 ball and then struggles to get it back.
                              Looked better in the first half yesterday, but slid back to his usual for much of the second.
                              And the rest of the team follow his lead.
                              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post
                                Because he has to do the work of his full back aswell, whether he is on the right or left side of center half he has got a donkey next to him. Ramage is out of position every game and so is hill, both of their positioning is poor and gorkks has to cover for them
                                Yes, Gorkss spends most of his time covering others.
                                His work rate must be higher than nearly anyone else's, and to compare him unfavourably with Legs is a bit mystifying, to say the least.
                                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                                X