Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980-81 Chelsea v QPR (The Big Match)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlI5Vtc0_JA

Look at that kit Waddock as ginger as ever too. Shame its not the whole game. What was the final score?

best away kit ever......'6 foot two ....eyes of blue....stevie wicks is after you!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Great memories

Saw Mike Fillery there who went onto QPR..

Terrible kit though
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
        What was the final score?
        1-1

Comment

Dont forget pete Walker and Chivers also donned the hooped shirt at some point.

Sat in there west stand, completely full of nutters. Langley scores and runs over to them and they went absolutely ape ****e.

Little old me being a rangers fan who was very used to having to sit/stand with the home support at London away games solely for the reason of not wanting my f88king head kicked in, just smirked inside.

I cannot stand that mob and that day only emphasised it even more. So proud today that we take numbers to ****bag bridge and hearing We hate Ch**sea sung outside Fulham Broadway. Those days you would only find a few hundred rangers in the away end. The rest of us just mingled in.

Comment

Those were the days where the fanbase was fairly equal between QPR and chelsea and Fulham had very few fans.

Cannot remember the year, but all 3 of us were in the same league. (pretty sure it was the year we were champions??)

Many youngsters now wouldn't believe how much better we were than the two teams.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Did you do what we did and sit in the home end.

Any memories?

Comment

Funny thing at those London away visits was as you walked down the streets you would recognise other rangers and you would give each other a knowing nod, mad.

At West Ham we would stand in the chicken run and above were the seats. As you walked in a mate Les who always wore a scarf started shouting down at us. Shat myself and as you can tell not totally over it.

Comment

wow footballs changed, backpasses what the f!!!!! the bridge looks different. Should have been 6 red cards
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

Those were the days, what a hole SB was. I loved the kit and if you could get hold of one of the shirts they would be worth a small fortune
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Too true. Best kit we've ever had. That adidas Feyenoord style kit was just brilliant. Just a shame that a sponsors logo would ruin it nowadays.

I was at that game - was 11 so we weren't allowed to stand on the North Terrace. Sat right at the back of the East Upper with my Dad and younger brother. It was so high we thought we'd fall on to the pitch. Great view though.
                      Last edited by Nodge70; 24-02-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Was there with my dad in the east stand ,sure that was the game they started singing shoot tommy langley gonna shoot tommy langley, which pretty much made my mind up about them lot.

Comment

Jimmy

I too was in that stand when Langley gave us the v's up. i must have been the only one laughing. Everyone else was going mental. I had completely forgotton the "shoot Tommy Langley" chant mentioned by Sutton. Takes me right back to boiled burgers and doc martins.
                          Know what you mean about London aways in those days. I remember being in the west Side at Upton park when Bob Hazel got dog's abuse after scoring in a 2-1 win. There must of only been about 400 rangers in thw away end. neither of these grounds were very friendly back then.

Comment

My Dad took me to that West Ham game and after hearing the racist abuse directed towards Bob Hazel vowed never to go back.

My earliest dodgy moment was at Millwall. With my dad again sitting on a barrier watching the game and some millwall fan starts trying to nick my scarf. Police stepped in and everything.

Still not over it

Comment

no qpr badge on it and no advertising
                              chelsea always had the bigger support but yo-yoed a lot...
                              fulham were playing a lot of friday nights to get bigger gates, around 7000

the worst kit was the ALL ORANGE WORN AT CHELSKI, then the all sky blue...

Comment

Working...
                              X