Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Adverts on this site

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mem
    Referee
    • Aug 2009
    • 2384

    #1

    Adverts on this site

    So annoying and can’t get into anyone’s post as the adverts dominate the page and can’t get rid of them.

    Im not technically minded so maybe it’s just me !
  • 72bus
    Gold Seat
    • Mar 2011
    • 9533

    #2
    I'm so used to them now , I hardly notice them .

    Comment

    • Undecided
      Silver Seat
      • Sep 2017
      • 2077

      #3
      Well, strangely enough. I've just realised I'm not being plagued by them anymore.

      But I can't imagine what I've done to deserve this respite. Updated software perhaps?

      Comment

      • Acton Stations
        Bronze Seat
        • Feb 2017
        • 474

        #4
        Just a couple of weeks ago I was dead close to unsubscribing because they are driving me mad. Not only do they cover the page with a merciless repetition rate, but they intentionally make it a minefield full of finger traps to try and circumnavigate them and all I want to do is read the fora! They obstruct the functionality of this site (and others similar ) create enormous frustration and now it is much more difficult and time consuming sending posts.

        Comment

        • SheepRanger
          Administrator
          • Apr 2018
          • 8520

          #5
          Didn't Fraggy mention going through a seach engine called DuckDuckGo helps?

          Comment

          • LoftusRoadLad
            W12 Seat
            • Jan 2011
            • 19610

            #6
            Adblock Plus is free but sites don't like us using it.

            Comment

            • DJ Hooper W12
              Bronze Seat
              • Jul 2023
              • 530

              #7
              It seems now it’s an advert site with us gatecrashing it!!!!

              Comment

              • Abseits
                Gold Seat
                • Aug 2014
                • 5065

                #8
                They're brilliant! Just this week I've discovered a great supplier of timed irrigation systems and a randy housewife near me... I can't keep off the site frankly: the more you post, the more stuff you find....

                It does help that I'm an opiniated boor who isn't interested in what anyone else thinks too - it's kind of like the other posts get in the way of the ads for me!

                Seriously though, I mostly use Chrome on a cheap Android tablet and I don't feel that the ads are that intrusive, I've seen other sites/content where ads are 75% of what you wade through.

                Comment

                Working...