Forget the deadwood key decisions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the deadwood key decisions....

...have to be made about Ephraim and Balanta and the rest of the youth players coming through.

We all want top quality to come in but to do so the next manager has to make some gutsy decisions about some of the not so deadwood.

I don't want to see the likes of Ephraim and Balanta never being given a chance but if we want to see an improving QPR side we may never get a chance to give these players the experience they need. How long can we go on as a club paying the wages of players who've never really been given a chance to prove themselves? We know who the deadwood are because they've proven themselves time and time again to not be good enough but what real assessment can we make of young Balanta? Oastler? Brown? Putnins? Maybe we need to find ourselves a club that we can send our youth out and send a scout to everyone of these matches to make a decision once and for all.

Problem is Sirpie unless we start to develop the youth and sell them, we will always be a a buying club. While thats good if you have rich owners who fund it, it is no good for the long term stability as you wont be able to keep buying the best.

If Man Utd and Arsenal can do it, then so can we, we used to it but it is going to take time and devlopment. After Fav i would prefer to wait and do it right instead of throwing the cash around
    One for all.... and all for one

Comment

I agree bigears. Investment in our youth structure is the way to go (it's something I've wanted us to do for years). In years to come think of the money we will save by playing our own. That's why it's great to see someone like German coming through. Hopefully with Warnock in charge we might see more youngsters given the opportunity in the same way that Moses and Clyne have had at Palace.

Comment

Do we have one advantage over the big clubs?, as quality youngsters should break through into our first team easier than at Arsenal etc.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

some of our youth talent should of been playing last season

if we wouldnt have fb or gp there and there sigings di carmine etc german would of been playing last season and probaly would be our competition for simpson this season

obviously it would of been nice to have a strike force of blackstock, simpson, balanta and german as are sqaud of strikers

but that would be in heinseight and in an ideal world

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by GL Paddok Nutta View Post
            some of our youth talent should of been playing last season

if we wouldnt have fb or gp there and there sigings di carmine etc german would of been playing last season and probaly would be our competition for simpson this season

obviously it would of been nice to have a strike force of blackstock, simpson, balanta and german as are sqaud of strikers

but that would be in heinseight and in an ideal world
            When it was apparent we weren't getting promoted last season Balanta, German etc should have played in all the final games.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

yep =)

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                When it was apparent we weren't getting promoted last season Balanta, German etc should have played in all the final games.
                Agree with that. Hopefully when are mathematically safe this season the new manager might do the same.

We need to see some of these players play 5 or 6 matches in a row to see if they can cut it at this level. If they can great because thats fewer players that need recruiting in the summer if they can't then we get rid and save the salaries to spend on better players.

Comment

Working...
                X