Next Season's First 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season's First 11

So now we can commit to a plan for next year.

I thought a poll would be a neat way to see who you would like to see in a first 11.

Add in who needs to be sold or let go, and this should tell us where we need to add.

I'll start by saying again, it's time to sell Chair. His stock is as high as it can be, unless we ride out this court case and maybe we have to to get a good fee, not sure a club would buy hil with that over his head. Can't fault the effort and he brings something to every game but otoo often is wasteful, selfish and predictable. Yeah he scored against Leeds but once again cutting in from the left, great it worked, but it usually doesn't.

While I'd love to keep JCS, i think he's prime for a good sale.

I'd sell Sinclair if he had a bid, I don't see enough. If Frey can be moved on, do it. Dykes, he gets so much grief but we need some depth up top and I feel he does that, can do a job in the right attacking setup, good for rotation. Larkeche i can't decide, just don't see enough of him.

Dixon Bonner has some potential I'm sure of it. I'd like to see Begovic in between the posts agin but lets start looking at Archer as his replacement? I guess Smyth will stay as an impact sub, not really a fan but i do like his energy.

Vote for the players you want on the pitch/match day squad first game next year. Can vote for lultiple players in the same position, bench counts.

I'm assuming all loans have returned and have limited choices to those that have made first team regularly as not enough options for the whole squad.

Not intended to be about who we should buy, but more who we should be committing to next year.
    Begovic
    51.61%
    Archer
    6.45%
    Walsh
    29.03%
    Paal
    77.42%
    Cannon
    45.16%
    Dunne
    100.00%
    Clarke Salter
    83.87%
    Cook
    100.00%
    Fox
    61.29%
    Larkeche
    45.16%
    Colback
    90.32%
    Willock
    58.06%
    Field
    100.00%
    Dixon Bonner
    32.26%
    Andersen
    90.32%
    Dykes
    58.06%
    Smyth
    74.19%
    Frey
    29.03%
    Armstrong
    58.06%
    Chair
    64.52%

You need to look at out of contract players. Can't sell Sinclair as he is one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      You need to look at out of contract players. Can't sell Sinclair as he is one of those.
      We have year option on Sinclair.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

We have year option on Sinclair.
        Would you take it or let him go on a free?

He's unlikely to develop into a big money player so we're signing him for squad rotation and maybe a £1 million sell on? Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Would you take it or let him go on a free?

He's unlikely to develop into a big money player so we're signing him for squad rotation and maybe a £1 million sell on? Maybe?
          I'd release him this Summer. Plenty of effort, time on pitch this season, doesn't finish.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            It would be very handy if someone listed contract situation for all the current squad... I've even lost track who we have on loan so contracts are beyond me!

Comment

According to this then, based on 50% - 74% for maybe or squad rotation, and over 75% score, and on our rough match day squad at the moment;

Dunne, Cook, Field, JCS, Andersen and Colback are all kept

Begovic, Paal, Fox, Willock (just), Dykes, Smyth, Armstrong and Chair are squad or maybe

Cannon, Walsh, Archer, Larkeche, Dixon Bonner and Frey are all off to the glue factory

Seems like we have some money to spend

Comment

I dont think that’s true, the squad/maybe group are potential starters if Kept, the wording in the poll was not clear about that. Of that group I would keep if possible ALL except Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
                  I dont think that’s true, the squad/maybe group are potential starters if Kept, the wording in the poll was not clear about that. Of that group I would keep if possible ALL except Dykes
                  It's a general consensus, at least over 23 fans.

Comment

Its not what I meant, wasn’t criticizing sample size, for me anyway it was unclear if you are assuming players are staying or going eg Chair your conclusion is that he would be a squad or maybe player when if he was staying he would be 100% starting and Others Willock, Begovic etc would be in match day squad.

Comment

How about Taylor Richards ? Will he come good next season ? Only 22 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X