• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I’ve calmed down

That Nahki Wells goal
    Our better gd v Hudds and Sheff W
    Jimmys last minute screamer v Brum

All so important

If we can’t beat Preston who hopefully have nothing to play for at home to secure our status then we deserve what we get

I know we could have been safe by now but it is what it is

It reminds me of the Forest home game a few years back when we beat them 2 nil at home ;Washington and lynch the scorers

We can and have to do this

I think Brum will be okay due to their Rotherham game and after two wins on the bounce will surely get something out the Huddersfield game.

Sheffield Wed have a tough run-in and it will be hard for them to get something out of a resurgent Blackburn and their next two games.

Hudderfield will drop points home to Brum and Ipswich will likely be celebrating promotion in front of their fans on the last day and will want to do well.

Our run-in is fine. Preston nothing to play for, Leeds having a wobble and Coventry will be on the beach.

Sheffield Wed Fixtures
    Blackburn A
    West Brom H
    Sunderland A

Huddersfield Fixtures
    Swansea H
    Birmingham H
    Ipswich A

Birmingham Fixtures
    Rotherham A
    Huddersfield A
    Norwich H

Stoke Fixtures
    Plymouth H
    Southampton A
    Bristol City H

For me it's still Wed and Hudderfield to join Rotherham in L1 next season. Our three points + one point GD and one win will see us okay.

Comment

It would be good for the nerves if we can get somethimg form the Preston game. (And thts's just for me!)

Comment

After watching yesterdays mess you got the feeling that we’ve given up after dropping points v weds and Plymouth

We got a forward line that would struggle in L1 smyth missed 2 decent chances same as Plymouth game dykes waste of time Anderson looks knackered

im not entirely sure MC has much faith in his options either

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I think Brum will be okay due to their Rotherham game and after two wins on the bounce will surely get something out the Huddersfield game.

Sheffield Wed have a tough run-in and it will be hard for them to get something out of a resurgent Blackburn and their next two games.

Hudderfield will drop points home to Brum and Ipswich will likely be celebrating promotion in front of their fans on the last day and will want to do well.

Our run-in is fine. Preston nothing to play for, Leeds having a wobble and Coventry will be on the beach.

Sheffield Wed Fixtures
          Blackburn A
          West Brom H
          Sunderland A

Huddersfield Fixtures
          Swansea H
          Birmingham H
          Ipswich A

Birmingham Fixtures
          Rotherham A
          Huddersfield A
          Norwich H

Stoke Fixtures
          Plymouth H
          Southampton A
          Bristol City H

For me it's still Wed and Hudderfield to join Rotherham in L1 next season. Our three points + one point GD and one win will see us okay.
          Sheff Weds play a Sunderland team with nothing to play for tho. Same for Hudds v Swans. But agree we also have 2 such fixtures.

Comment

I think Preston have everything to play for because they can still make the playoffs. Granted its an outside chance - 8pts behind 6th but with a game in hand and 12 points available. The door is still open for them to them to get into the premiership so they will be motivated. We have to be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post
              I think Preston have everything to play for because they can still make the playoffs. Granted its an outside chance - 8pts behind 6th but with a game in hand and 12 points available. The door is still open for them to them to get into the premiership so they will be motivated. We have to be on it.
              Agreed. Their game in hand is away to Southampton on Tuesday so if and it’s a big if, they lose that, their chances are pretty much gone.

Also, the other play off contenders play before our 5.15 k/o so there is also a chance they (Preston) will be totally out of it.

Comment

If Preston lose to Soton and Norwich get at least a point then Preston can’t get into playoffs when we play

Comment

Lots of ifs and buts , we need to just go out and leave 100% out on the pitch .... Fk other teams results we need believe we can do this ...

Comment

I don't think Preston performance depends on their chances of making playoffs. They'll give it a go, we have to be on it from start.

Comment

Just seen the incident that led to Bristol City's last minute penalty equaliser against Hudd. Absolutely scandalous decision, never a penalty - ref can't even see the incident yet points straight to the spot. So, Hudd robbed of two points..... goes to show how external factors can derail any good work the players do and emphasises how tenuous 1-goal advantages are.

Comment

I am very concerned where any points are going to come from, we can analyze all of the potential scenarios to death but if we don't turn up we are in big trouble, I think PNA could be our only chance but who knows, strange things can happen in desperate times! I definitely think we need 3 more points or we are down, we just can't count on other teams below us getting nothing from their last 3 matches, that late OG at Plymouth is haunting me!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          I am very concerned where any points are going to come from, we can analyze all of the potential scenarios to death but if we don't turn up we are in big trouble, I think PNA could be our only chance but who knows, strange things can happen in desperate times! I definitely think we need 3 more points or we are down, we just can't count on other teams below us getting nothing from their last 3 matches, that late OG at Plymouth is haunting me!
                          The late OG could be so important but then I forget which match it was where the oppo kept a goal bound effort out with a handball (was it WBA?) - equally costly. I wonder whether we might invest in supporting Coventry this weekend, a cup final might see a few players take the final league game a bit easy?

Comment

Working...
                          X