FREY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREY

I know that Frey (apart from a goal in his first game) has failed to impress. Absent today through injury, I really feel that when fit, he must start.
    He is unlike any other player we have and presents defenders with at least some kind of problem, unlike what happened today. The lack of a proper central striker for almost an entire season, haunts us still.

MC please don't let us see a repeat the most unwise "plan" that we witnessed today.

I didn't see Dykes do much against Swansea, perhaps he knows he's leaving in the summer? More likely putting the Euro's ahead of us.

Frey has to be the starter.

Comment

Everyone knows we dont possess a decent striker so why not play two up front just give it a try Marti we’ve got nothing to lose. Yesterday proved that. So so disappointing yesterday to get beat at home again against a poor side We are our own worst enemy. Stating the obvious l know.

Comment

Perhaps 2 up front might be worth a try but which 2? Given that most of our goals come from defenders, I think Frey is the only one comfortable in that position. Okay, he hasn't been great, but we have nobody else. Without underestimating our recent progress, even during that spell, our threat in the forward/central area comes almost entirely from defenders. Chair, Dykes, Willock are generally to be found some way out, leaving rather a void in the middle. I have excluded SA from this post as I don't feel his general level of ability (yet) has prepared him for this and using him as we did yesterday was not a great idea. Let's not damage a good prospect. This, I believe, is why poor teams, playing at LR find us easy.

Wild idea(if you can't accept Frey) - play Larkeche at RB and Dunne up front. I think he could be a handful.

Comment

I tend to agree with others when it comes to views on our strikers. All are completely useless so when you have 3 non scoring strikers why play more than 1, law of averages neither will score. I'm more inclined to play the big donkey, Frey. He is more Sunday league than championship but if he can just hold the ball up and do the basics right ie bringing in our attacking players into the game that can work.
          ​​​​​
          ​​​​
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

False number 9 for me.

play Willock, chair, Anderson, Smythe and counter attack

None of the ‘strikers’ deserve to start

Comment

Frey will come good and is capable of a 1 in 3 ratio at this level if he gets game time. His movement in and around the box is that of a real striker and nothing else we have. He needs game time and a chance to build an understanding with our creative players.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post
                Frey will come good and is capable of a 1 in 3 ratio at this level if he gets game time. His movement in and around the box is that of a real striker and nothing else we have. He needs game time and a chance to build an understanding with our creative players.
                Haha that's very good Lord did make me laugh, are you doing an impression of lord bath he was also a complete lune
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I hope Lord is correct and he way well be. For Frey is all we have right now. He certainly has the potential to offer something we really do not have elsewhere. Let's hope he comes good.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
                    I know that Frey (apart from a goal in his first game) has failed to impress. Absent today through injury, I really feel that when fit, he must start.
                    He is unlike any other player we have and presents defenders with at least some kind of problem, unlike what happened today. The lack of a proper central striker for almost an entire season, haunts us still.

MC please don't let us see a repeat the most unwise "plan" that we witnessed today.
                    Agree about Frey & would’ve played him if fit Saturday & I’m sure he would have given those CB’S a bit more problem than Armstrong did

Comment

Of the 3 Dykes has been at the club long enough to realise he aint gonna cut it extended his contract for a fee sensible

SA has the pace of an olympic athlete the touch of a brick wall the passing of a blind man he's a handful of the bench but never a solo CF

Frey ok we know he's not SA in pace but his movement limited in the box is still better than Dykes he will be here next season bad pen miss probably didn't help confidence either he looks more likely to bring our wide players into the game

In reality they are all L1/2 standard

Comment

I think Frey contract expires this summer. I don't think he'll be here next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                          I think Frey contract expires this summer. I don't think he'll be here next season.
                          Fair enough can see dykes being sold and SA if he’s no intention of signing a new deal dunno who advises him but he’s not good enough at this level near handful in L1/2 though

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Fair enough can see dykes being sold and SA if he’s no intention of signing a new deal dunno who advises him but he’s not good enough at this level near handful in L1/2 though
                            Agree with selling Dykes if possible.

Armstrong, plenty of game time, 4 goals from 38 shots, poor return. I'm leaning towards releasing him this summer.

What I'm hoping for. Premier League club will loan us up and coming centre forward next season. Marti excellent coach. I'd expect premier league clubs would loan us players for him to develop.

Comment

Working...
                            X