Last 10 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last 10 Games

7th 1pt off of 5th…………….. In Marti we trust (if we can keep him)

I'll be at the Swans game before heading back home to Pembrokeshire. So looking forward to getting one over the Jacks! What a dump that place is.....!

Comment

The results under Marti have been decent. After 25 league games it stands at:

P 25 W 9 D 8 L 8 PTS 35 GD +3

This is an average of 1.4 points per game. We are still fighting for survival, but the spirit looks pretty good amongst the squad, and it feels at least like we have something to build on next season if we stay up.

Comment

Just compare the togetherness of the team to when we had all those loanees post Beale last season and players like Balogun. Roberts btw was absolute crap yesterday. How does he have a career in football?

Comment

That is quite a turnaround under Marti particularly given the horrific mess he came into. If you average his 25 games out over 46 games it would be 64 points which is what Norwich got last season to finish 6th. That said previous two seasons would be more upper mid-table which would still be some achievement given our budget etc.

If we stay up and Marti stays on will be interesting to see what side looks like after summer window.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            That is quite a turnaround under Marti particularly given the horrific mess he came into. If you average his 25 games out over 46 games it would be 64 points which is what Norwich got last season to finish 6th. That said previous two seasons would be more upper mid-table which would still be some achievement given our budget etc.

If we stay up and Marti stays on will be interesting to see what side looks like after summer window.
            And with some Eze money too....hopefully. Palace are likely to cash in I reckon. That extra financial clout may mean we can offer better terms to Chair and Willock

Comment

Still reckon the players have a lot to answer for, we seem hostage to how they "feel" or how they "fancy the manager". I get the feeling GA would have happily throttled half his squad but had to grin his way through it and say what a a great bunch they were.
              Still, if they've warmed to Marti that's a good thing but what if he goes in the next 6-9 months... Do they start sulking again?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And with some Eze money too....hopefully. Palace are likely to cash in I reckon. That extra financial clout may mean we can offer better terms to Chair and Willock
                Yeah I was thinking the same too just now. Eze just created palace goal against forest and if we could get 20m which is very possible as his value is just going up, that would be huge for our club and give our manager some real resources to do some real damage to this league next season if we were to stay up and still a massive if.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Even without any income from a possible Eze transfer we will have a much more relaxed financial situation next season compared to this.

Please see this summary:

Financial outlook for next season - QPRforum - WE ARE THE RANGERS BOYS

Marti looks like a smart manager. He will not "take a Beale" and leave as soon as a better offer is on the table. I think Marti wants to do like Venables: Steer QPR away from relegation during his first season, secure promotion the next and thereafter a good Premier League finish in his third season. Then he will leave for a top club.

I noticed a comment from the Liverpool sporting director, looking for a replacement for Klopp. He was quoted, telling the world that Liverpool will steer clear of a journey man as the new manager. They look for a manager that has a proven record over time, showing he can build a football team over time. If Marti's ambition is to manage at the highest level, I think his best strategy is to stay a while at QPR, showing to better clubs that he can be a leader in the long run, orchestrating a constant upwards trajectory. The big clubs don't look for one season wonders.

I see no reason QPR cannot go on to win promotion next season (or the one thereafter) under Marti. We have a good fundament, and finally the financial freedom to strengthen in vital areas. I could see a new top Championship striker signing for £5m+, a new box-to-box midfielder and a new goal keeper, all of high Championship standard. If Ipswich and Luton can, we can.

Comment

Working...
                  X