Chair what's up with him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair what's up with him

I know he's got issues to resolve of the pitch and from his trial/hearing in Belgium he came back and played like he had a one man mission, However the last two games he's been hooked and tbh been bloody awful

Marti after boro game said in a nutshell he was was poor and yesterday he had a stinker imo.

we need points v Brum and 3 of them to give us some breathing space and he's either got to turn up or sit out simple as that.

Sunderland doubled up on him quickly all he's got to do is move the ball quicker with 2 around him it leaves someone free.

Corners Anderson takes from one side now just wonder if his nose been put out of joint by Lucas who tbh looks quality with each game

Think Chair needs his side kick next to him. When Willo is there they are scary and draw all the defense around them.
    Anderson can take care of the other side.

Comment

He's carried this team for most of the season.

Giving the guy a break but he'll be back for Brum.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        He's carried this team for most of the season.

Giving the guy a break but he'll be back for Brum.
        I’m not doubting he’s run his legs off but last 2 games he’s been so far from his usual self has his personal issues caught up with him ?

id rather he played for us than against us

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I’m not doubting he’s run his legs off but last 2 games he’s been so far from his usual self has his personal issues caught up with him ?

id rather he played for us than against us
          Its possible the court case has caught up with him, but somehow, I doubt it. I'm sure he can cope with a couple of summer months of community service running football schools. I doubt it will be more than that so it's just an inconvenience. But who knows....its him in the situation. We have Hodge to come in......

Comment

Needs to mix his game up , pass and move . He's become
            To predictable , can't fault him for effort but would like him to take more of a risk as he's at his best driving forward.

Comment

He has just had a couple of flat games. International break may have come at right time for him.

Comment

We were collectively limp, particularly in an attacking sense, against Sunderland. Chair looked alone and isolated on their massive pitch. I recall him receiving the ball out wide with no Rangers player anywhere near him and him getting swamped by THREE Sunderland players. Vast majority of our ponderous build up play was down the right so Chair got by-passed. After Chair went off, Willock went over to that side and he too became isolated and ineffective. Basically I don't feel Chair did much wrong, he was simply a part of a strange, cautious set-up and team approach. I'd point finger at Marti for that, not Chair.

Comment

Chair has been our best player (alongside Cook and Clarke-Salter) this season. It isn't strange if he has some sort of dip in form. He has had it previously, and will have it again, and I am not very concerned that his last two matches have not been up to his normal standard. He will soon be back to his normal himself.

Sunderland doubled up on him, which helped reduce the number of crosses and shots by Chair. More often than not, Chair ended up losing the ball or playing a safe backwards pass. That's credit to Sunderland, and makes him look less effective, but it creates more room for others. It is about us exploiting the gaps that this leave elsewhere on the pitch.

Chair came off against M'boro, but that certainly didn't make us any better. Chair coming off against S'land didn't make us any better on the left side, but it created space on the right that Armstrong and Smyth used much more effectively than Dykes did.

It is hard to tell if Chair is affected by the recent court verdict. I wouldn't blame him if it does affect him. I wouldn't like having a jail sentence hanging over me, even though I felt I had good chances in the appeal process. I think the legal uncertainty blocks any move until it is sorted. I don't know when the appeal will be heard, but if it takes place after the next transfer window shuts, Chair won't get a move to a bigger club, if that is on his mind. The jail sentence is also reducing his chances of being selected by Morocco. That might bother him - he might feel he has less to play for right now.

However, Chair seems like a very professional guy (on the football side of things), a bit like Eze. If he is troubled by the court case, I think he will manage to put it past him and show what he is made of. We certainly need him to survive, and that should be great motivation.

Comment

Working...
                  X