Wow some positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow some positives

We completely out played them , hit the bar missed 2 absolute sitters (Anderson and Willock - but not blaming them ) and 2 good handball shouts - away from home. That’s a good team effort.

every game is a cup final we are playing well creating chances but from where we were and how we were playing

I’m loving it

come on URsssssss

But we need 3 points when outplaying other teams. Simple as that.

No point in being the best side to be relegated.

Comment

I tend to agree with Rodman. Let's face it Sunderland are in turmoil and have no manager on a torrid run of games. We didn't take our opportunity. Now we play 4 matches against the teams around us and they have now escalated because of yesterday's result.

They do have a different opinion in America. I went to an ice hockey game and it's very competitive but the fans are there for just entertainment and fun, they don't take it as serious as us so I get why Cali is a happy bunny
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Any point away from home is a good point imo

Comment

Now I'm back home and slept on it I feel we set out not to lose, and therefore it was "job done".

However, in our situation I'm disappointed in such a cautious approach. We NEED points and our home record is very iffy.

Our attacks in first half were slow and ponderous with more players opting to sit back than get forward. I recall two instances when we had turn over ball quite deep in their half but nobody burst forwards to help Dykes - it was really frustrating to watch, particularly given that the Sunderland XI is probably the weakest team in the division at this moment.

Comment

What is sure that especially when playing away SA must start. If we are to play counter attacking football, SA and PS are a must. Yesterday, when he came on, SA was a real handfull. Slowly, he is growing into something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              What is sure that especially when playing away SA must start. If we are to play counter attacking football, SA and PS are a must. Yesterday, when he came on, SA was a real handfull. Slowly, he is growing into something special.
              After his third burst into their half he was completely knackered though. Yeah, it was a lung-busting run but he really shouldn't be gassed 15 minutes after coming on. His confidence and "radar" are definitely improving but I think he's miles away from being able to lead our attack week in and week out.

I think the main thing I'd want to see is TWO upfront sharing the workload.... Armstrong plus Dykes/Frey would have been hard for Sunderland to handle in my view.

Comment

SAs three shot from tight angles on the right were never going to threaten the keeper. He's almost too quick as the was nobody up there to support him. He need to be able to check back and find an option rather than the shots he took.

Comment

Working...
                X