Stan was special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan was special

I served 3 years based in Aylesbury 1975-1978 with the RAF. I was, and still am, a Glaswegian Rangers fan. Together with a Leicester supporting mate we made it to a lot of QPR games 1n 75-76. Dave Sexton had assembled a team that were a joy to watch, but the jewel in the crown was Stan. A magician, a wizard, and worth the entrance money alone just to watch him tease defenders. I am absolutely gutted at the news of Stans death. I will be watching him on YouTube for the next few days. I still class QPR as my second team. God bless Stanley.

TheHar, he was unique, amazing talent, a character and had his demons but we will never see his likes again.

Comment

I won't lie when my son found out and text me I shed a tear brought back the memories of being a kid going with my late dad to watch Stan more the game itself and when we had dads funeral did my bit and said Stan was my idol Rodney was his and we never agreed who was but agreed they were greats for our club

He got fans on edge of seats or on tip toes when he picked the ball up, Sadly in the modern era clubs don't like maverick players they want solid pros possibly Le tiss / Gazza was the last in this country imo

When you look at players and fees for bang average to buy a Stan now fee would be ridiculous, with back then being clobbered from behind and only getting a don't do that again or ill book you makes Stan and Best talent even more remarkable

RIP Stan and thanks for memories

Comment

Working...
      X