Stan Bowles RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post
    Absolutely devastated to hear the passing of my life long hero i have never seen a better player wearing the hoops, Sleep well MR Stanley Bowles
    Rip yes up there with Gerry Francis
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Such sad news,
      just dug my photo I got with him taken in the club shop, I will treasure it now,
      RIP Stan.
      F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

R.I.P. Stan our greatest ever player in our greatest ever team. Not just a great player but a great character. Thanks for the memories

Comment

Rest in peace mate, lovely legacy you have at this club. I never saw you play live, but my Dad liked you and therefore you must have been quite something.

Comment

The great players all have a unique attribute and Stan had that. His goals often had a typical Bowles goal style and wouldn’t have been scored by others. Some of my best memories of my life those goals.

Comment

Such sad news & glad I was around to see this maverick with the ball, saw Marsh but this man had it all, a true legend, RIP San

Comment

The drag backs , the flicks , deft touches , dummies , and goals he had it all.

Comment

QPR Legend, Football Legend. So proud to have a player like you associated with this club, and gave other teams good reason to fear playing against QPR.
                  RIP

Comment

A total legend - I feel honoured to have seen him play when I started watching QPR in the 70's. Loved hearing some of the stories as well - RIP Stan.

Comment

From his debut against Nottingham Forest he was the greatest, so many memories.

Rest in peace Stanley Bowles, my hero.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Such a great player was Stan. Always had the feeling that whenever we conceded a goal, Stan would bring us back into the game with his magic. Pity that the pitches then were so bad. Incredible that such talent had to play on it. If the '75 team played on todays quality pitches, we would be defintely been crowned champions. Rest in peace hero.

Comment

Our greatest player ever, didn't see him play but was told all about him by family when I was growing up. So glad I got to meet him once. Fly high Stan.

Comment

He destroyed Chelsea often in the 70’s, his headed goal in the cup replay at Loftus Rd will forever live in my memory.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Simply the best player that I've ever seen in the flesh. Unpredictable, exhilarating and, above all, entertaining. A maverick. A man who was connected to the club even though he wasn't local. The word legend is overused. But not in this case.

My Stan story was in the 75/76 season, the first year I started going to games with a family friend aged 9/10. Stan came over to pick up the ball on the touchline after it had gone out for a throw and he said something to an old boy with a transistor radio. I didn't hear what was said but my guardian asked the gent at half-time and apparently Stan had said "keep us posted on the 3:30 at Haydock." I don't know how true that was because the feller had a twinkle in his eye but it bloody well is in my mind. RIP Stan.

Comment

Never saw him play as I was living in the ar£e end of Wales. But Stan, and a few others, got me supporting Qpr from watching the Big Match on Sundays. His contribution to club was immense even to the current day.

Comment

Working...
                                X