Losses - is this as bad as it looks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losses - is this as bad as it looks?

Help guys. Have we lost £48mil in last 3 seasons. The last accounts have just dropped and show a huge loss of £24mil

I thought the limit was £38mil.

Am I reading it wrong, are there other allowances (COVID etc)

Anyone in the know?

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Help guys. Have we lost £48mil in last 3 seasons. The last accounts have just dropped and show a huge loss of £24mil

I thought the limit was £38mil.

Am I reading it wrong, are there other allowances (COVID etc)

Anyone in the know?
    The losses in the accounts reflect all income and expenditure. The FFP calculation is different and some expenditure is not included. These costs include stadium, training ground, development squad and women's teams.

The club does not disclose its FFP position other than pleading poverty and stating we are within limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The losses in the accounts reflect all income and expenditure. The FFP calculation is different and some expenditure is not included. These costs include stadium, training ground, development squad and women's teams.

The club does not disclose its FFP position other than pleading poverty and stating we are within limits.
      That’s really helpful - thanks

So are we within the limits Sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

That’s really helpful - thanks

So are we within the limits Sheep?
        The club does not disclose its FFP position.

But I would say we are within the limits because of our Jan transfer activity and GA saying at the start of the season that whatever happens we will not breach it.

We also received an income boast from the Bhatia family for the naming rights to the SR stand. This funding allowed us fund the sacking of GA and the Jan spend.

But you can safely say we take it to the max. We have great owners who arent shy in sticking their hands in their pockets. If we were outside of FFP we would have accepted the £4.5m bid for Chair from that Turkish club

Comment

COVID definitely threw a wrench into things for a lot of clubs too.

Comment

Working...
          X