Time for Willock, Chair and Dykes to step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Willock, Chair and Dykes to step up

I just feel that the above 3 have become stale and complacent (maybe a bit harsh on Chair).

Willock and Chair could easily have gone in the window but are still here.

Willock will be out of contract and needs to impress to get a decent deal elsewhere in the summer and Chair presumably wants to win his Morocco place back. Dykes has the Euros coming up and needs to find his scoring boots.

A bit more competition for places with the 3 coming in and possibly the Dane who plays in a similar position to Chair and Willock.

I think we'll see an improvement - what do others think.

The team has felt pretty uninspiring and predictable for a while now... Speculation about whether Dozzell or Kelman might feature just hasn't really got my juices flowing tbh.

The acquisition of a striker, a defensive midfielder and a versatile midfielder in the past week seems sensible business on the face of it. We were never going to sign a big name, we just never had that kind of budget, and tbh marquee singings haven't always worked that well for QPR anyway.

Competition for places will surely inspire the current squad you'd think? But if nothing else it will make our bench options look far more appealing. In one or two recent games I've looked at our bench and just have not seen any realistic prospect of turning round a game that's getting away from us through a creative substitution... I really hope the new guys integrate well, there aren't loads of games left, I'd love it if we get a result on Saturday, especially if a couple of the new guys make a big impact.

Comment

Hopefully only a place on the bench for Willock now.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Think it goes to show they’re not wanted by anyone, if we’d have been offered any decent price for either we would’ve taken it Willcocks gone backwards over last year lazy as #### last weekend . A striker in Dykes who’s unable to score at any regularity. All those that blow up the most overrated player in the championship Chair. Sky should buy him because they have a ####fest over him every TimE we’re on TV. Think all clubs are waiting until the end of season when they’re all out of contract and can leave 14 of our players out of contract

Comment

Let's blame Willock for Dunnes complete enept performances. For Kakay playing like he's in a park with the positional sense of a Sunday league player.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It was on newsnow that Hull thought about an approach for Willock but signed someone else instead.

If Willock doesn't start performing he'll end up on similar wages as he's on with us playing for a midtable championship team. What team wants ti sign a player who will down tools in the last year of his contract?

He's got the rest of the season to prove he's a big hitter in this league or his career will fizzle out.

Comment

The mighty Hull choosing someone else rather than Willock, just shows where he is right now.

Clearly he, and many on here think he is far better than he actually is.

An occasional good spell, in the odd game here and there, hasn't exactly had many clubs knocking at the door for him.
              Even though it's hardly a secret he wants out.

Personally would have loved to see the back of him .

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                The mighty Hull choosing someone else rather than Willock, just shows where he is right now.

Clearly he, and many on here think he is far better than he actually is.

An occasional good spell, in the odd game here and there, hasn't exactly had many clubs knocking at the door for him.
                Even though it's hardly a secret he wants out.

Personally would have loved to see the back of him .
                Didn't push on from initial performances under Beale.

Comment

I don't feel Dykes can step up. He lacks quality and would put him down as a league 2 standard striker. He ain't good

Comment

Chair was definitely more direct, more "in a hurry", yesterday. Right at the end he bust a gut closing down Rovers who were trying to play out from the back. He forced them into slashing the ball out for a throw. He really put a shift in. I thought he might have got the hump after being dropped by Morocco but quite the opposite, he's got his head down and applied himself.

Comment

To be fair to Dykes and Chair neither hide and both put in a shift. Frustrating thing with Chair is he has a tendency to try and do everything himself. Am hoping with better options around him he may feel more comfortable passing more and linking up with team mates. Dykes has his limitations but has had carp service which hasn't helped. Now Armstrong getting more bedded in and Frey signed means we can more easily play two up top which will suit Dykes.

Willock has shown he is one of the best attacking players in this division. Frustrating thing is we too rarely see it. Has shown a bit of form on and off under Marti so not writing him off this season but with new signings (especially if Anderson signs) we will not be so reliant on him so up to him to show he merits a place.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        To be fair to Dykes and Chair neither hide and both put in a shift. Frustrating thing with Chair is he has a tendency to try and do everything himself. Am hoping with better options around him he may feel more comfortable passing more and linking up with team mates. Dykes has his limitations but has had carp service which hasn't helped. Now Armstrong getting more bedded in and Frey signed means we can more easily play two up top which will suit Dykes.

Willock has shown he is one of the best attacking players in this division. Frustrating thing is we too rarely see it. Has shown a bit of form on and off under Marti so not writing him off this season but with new signings (especially if Anderson signs) we will not be so reliant on him so up to him to show he merits a place.
                        I'm not convinced we'd offer Willock terms in the summer. He just hasn't been consistent enough for a club like ours with a small squad. He'll be better off with a bigger team who can carry the odd luxury passenger

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I'm not convinced we'd offer Willock terms in the summer. He just hasn't been consistent enough for a club like ours with a small squad. He'll be better off with a bigger team who can carry the odd luxury passenger
                          Don't disagree Sheep. Frustrating as ability wise he is good enough in my opinion for the Premiership but these days you have to have consistency. The days of luxury players who do the odd bit of magic and not an awful lot else are gone. All about fitness and technique more than anything these days. Have to justify your place week in and week out. Will see how next few months go but unless we get that consistency would rather draw a line under it, let him go and move on.

Comment

Working...
                          X