JoeLyndon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeLyndon

Heard someone refer to dykes by this nickname and feel it's bang on! Newcastle signed joelinton to be the main number 9 and the final point in their attack.

He was crap so they switched him to an acm and he's transformed into a new player. Will dykes end up as our joelinton???

Be great if he does!!

I'd be intrigued on finding out how many beers you had tonight
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      I'd be intrigued on finding out how many beers you had tonight
      Not one to be fair!!! It was said on the W12 podcast! I think it's a good comparison.

Comment

The way we've played, the way we've been set-up, the way we've attacked simply hasn't supported having a traditional "Number 9" up front. I don't think that's Dykes' fault and I'm not sure any striker would have thrived in a team that had barely any width and couldn't transition from defence into attack with any pace or directness.
        Dykes has looked a lonely isolated figure, trying to time a run and/or shake off two or more markers whilst Chair is busy pissfarting about doing pirouettes with the ball.
        Now whether by accident, design or need, Marti has tweaked things with Armstrong up top too giving Dykes a hand. It's no surprise then that Dykes suddenly looks a better player.
        I'm not convinced we're out of the woods though.... we're still far too slow moving through the thirds so Dykes has been drifting out wide or coming deep to get the ball or offer an option. This has given him a chance to show us his football brain and show a different aspect of his game. However, I'd still rather see him and Armstrong up top in a genuine 4-4-2 with the pair of them constantly attacking the box. Basically, quickly getting the ball into "the mixer" with two guys giving the defenders a torrid time.

Comment

Working...
        X