Our support is ####ing ####

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our support is ####ing ####

I know the 12 pm kick off doesn’t help, but honestly our support is pathetic. Can’t fault the effort from
    the players today, just lack the quality to take our chances. And we had loads of decent ones today, so why is the ground so quiet. I sit in HL and it is a section of mutes. Which brings me onto the subject of family stand, why is this the Loft, that gives us a massive disadvantage from the off. It’s why some other clubs stick away supporters on the sides stands up the top.

Originally posted by djp View Post
    I know the 12 pm kick off doesn’t help, but honestly our support is pathetic. Can’t fault the effort from
    the players today, just lack the quality to take our chances. And we had loads of decent ones today, so why is the ground so quiet. I sit in HL and it is a section of mutes. Which brings me onto the subject of family stand, why is this the Loft, that gives us a massive disadvantage from the off. It’s why some other clubs stick away supporters on the sides stands up the top.
    Calling fans pathetic is OTT, they are still turning up in their numbers even though our home form is appalling. Totally blame the early kick off, there was still a morning mist over the pitch, fans up early, down in the dumps and stone cold sober, what did you expect.

Comment

Romford very good points. I appreciate your support, I only do a handful of games so you season ticket holders deserve full respect
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Calling fans pathetic is OTT, they are still turning up in their numbers even though our home form is appalling. Totally blame the early kick off, there was still a morning mist over the pitch, fans up early, down in the dumps and stone cold sober, what did you expect.
        I have been a season ticket holder and sitting in HL for about 25 years now and if you really think it is simply only because of the early kick off then you are wrong. The atmosphere has been pathetic most of the season, I was literally the only one getting behind the players today in HL. If people think this is how you get behind a team, then that is why we fail!

Comment

And another thing Watford out sung us all game, even at 0-0. I dunno maybe they got up a few hours earlier than our fans?

Comment

I have been a season ticket holder and sitting in HL for about 25 years now and if you really think it is simply only because of the early kick off then you are wrong. The atmosphere has been pathetic most of the season, I was literally the only one getting behind the players today in HL. If people think this is how you get behind a team, then that is why we fail!
            I’ve had season ticket for over 50 years, Rangers vocal fans tend to split up in various parts of the ground, if they filled 1 end together things would be more vocal.
            Hardly think the mess at this club is the fans fault, what do you honestly expect as we have been mostly crap for years

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

I’ve had season ticket for over 50 years, Rangers vocal fans tend to split up in various parts of the ground, if they filled 1 end together things would be more vocal.
              Hardly think the mess at this club is the fans fault, what do you honestly expect as we have been mostly crap for years
              I never said the mess the club is in is the fans fault, I am saying the lack of vocal support isn’t helping when the team need it more than ever.

And we might agree on something here, in my initial message, I said a big part of the blame must be whoever decided to put the family stand in the loft. Since that has been the case, our home form has suffered.

I have been going for 45 years now, season ticket for 25 years. My Dad going since for 68 years and even he agrees that the home support is the worst it has ever been. Our ground just isn’t intimidating anymore. I will just reminisce about the examples like the Oldham semi final game when it was great.

Comment

The atmosphere has been flat more often than not for a while now. Get the drum back haha

I'd take anything over the two blokes behind me today who spent the entire time commentating and shouting tactical advice like they were on the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                  The atmosphere has been flat more often than not for a while now. Get the drum back haha

I'd take anything over the two blokes behind me today who spent the entire time commentating and shouting tactical advice like they were on the coaching staff.
                  If you sit in upper loft sorry if it was me and my old man, we get too into it haha

Comment

I never said the mess the club is in is the fans fault, I am saying the lack of vocal support isn’t helping when the team need it more than ever.

And we might agree on something here, in my initial message, I said a big part of the blame must be whoever decided to put the family stand in the loft. Since that has been the case, our home form has suffered.

I have been going for 45 years now, season ticket for 25 years. My Dad going since for 68 years and even he agrees that the home support is the worst it has ever been. Our ground just isn’t intimidating anymore. I will just reminisce about the examples like the Oldham semi final game when it was great.
                    I think what makes it worse is that we have watched terrible football at start and we haven’t picked up too many points at home. It’s like we have all forgotten what winning feels like

Comment

Originally posted by Munster143 View Post

If you sit in upper loft sorry if it was me and my old man, we get too into it haha
                      Haha no mate. Sit in the Stan Bowles. I also mean proper commentating, like they're trying to replicate Sky

"Begovic, passes to Dunne, Dunne plays in Colback" it was unreal! I had to check one of then wasn't blind and having the gane described to them.

Comment

Our support isn't pathetic, it's just cheesed off. We've seen recent stats about being worst team in the whole 92 team league in terms of losses over past five AND ten years plus worst team in FA Cup. Worst home record in the division, you can count the goals scored up Loft End on one hand...... It's actually a miracle anyone bothers to turn up.

The one player we have who could generate a bit of hope, interest, pride and excitement (Armstrong) won't sign a new deal so will probably be gone over coming months. The hierarchy are disappearing, rumours of financial issues surfacing and a load of players incapable of keeping fit.

To cap it all, we have to stomach the sight of away fans dancing, laughing and celebrating on our manor every game. So, I'm not surprised that most folks aren't really minded to be stood up bellowing "stand up if you love Rangers" all game at 12pm on a cold Sunday.

Comment

Tbf anyone who turns up at the moment is demonstrating their support ,it is quiet l agree until we score or look like scoring. Thereby lies the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Our support isn't pathetic, it's just cheesed off. We've seen recent stats about being worst team in the whole 92 team league in terms of losses over past five AND ten years plus worst team in FA Cup. Worst home record in the division, you can count the goals scored up Loft End on one hand...... It's actually a miracle anyone bothers to turn up.

The one player we have who could generate a bit of hope, interest, pride and excitement (Armstrong) won't sign a new deal so will probably be gone over coming months. The hierarchy are disappearing, rumours of financial issues surfacing and a load of players incapable of keeping fit.

To cap it all, we have to stomach the sight of away fans dancing, laughing and celebrating on our manor every game. So, I'm not surprised that most folks aren't really minded to be stood up bellowing "stand up if you love Rangers" all game at 12pm on a cold Sunday.
                            Nailed it!!!

Comment

Years ago we tried to get all "vocal fans" in 1 place next to away and "moved". Then when went to another section were split up. What needed is like in Croatian grounds area for fans that want to show support/disgust for the team. And when we play say Luton & other ******* only give them 759 tickets .

Comment

Working...
                              X