Has there been change of ownership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there been change of ownership?

I was a little puzzled when I read the news article about the appointment of Christian Nourry as new CEO on qpr.co.uk yesterday. The article referred to just three owners, quote:

"The club's owners Ruben Gnanalingham, Amit Bhatia and Richard Reilly were unanimous in their decision to bring Nourry on board".

I was under the belief we had four main owners. I refer to the financial statement of QPR FC posted on 31 March 2022, where ownership was:

51.03%: Ruben Gnanalingham (Total Soccer Growth Sdn Bhd)
    26.81%: Kamarudin Meranum and Tony Fernandes (QPR Asia Sdn Bhd)
    12%: Richard Reilly (QPR Newco LLC)
    10%: Mittal family (Sea Dream Ltd)
    0.16%: Others'

I am aware that Fernandes gave up his ownership last year. However, as far as I am aware, it wasn't announced that Kamarudin did the same. However, I am aware Kamarudin stepped down as director around the time when Reilly was appointed director.

Have I missed something? Have Kamarudin also given up his shares. If so, who increased its ownership?

Could the fall out between shareholders that Kingaustin referred to have any connection with this change of ownership? Has the differences (that might or might not have led to cash being held back, leading to the club not paying the FFP fine instalment on time) been solved by one or more owners taking over Kamarudins stake?

Kamarudin resigned as a director on 30 May 2022. And there was no change of share allocation at that that time. But youd need to investigate the Malaysian company records if there was a change in ownership in one of the investment groups.

https://find-and-update.company-info...fficers?page=2

You can register for email updates from Companies House to get an email notification of all events. Including the financial updates. The next accounts will be released in Feb, so not long to wait on the current share ownership.
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 13-01-2024, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Qpr Asia Sdn Bhd is part of Tune Group and Fernandes & Kamarudin still own this. I dont think they have sold their interest. But it seems likely they have stopped providing fund therefore the share allocation from convertable loans will effectively reduce they holding to a minority stake. Qpr is still included within Tune Groups interests on theur website.

https://tunegroup.com/about-us/

They now seems to have a "sleeping" interest and have nothing to do with the operation of the club.

https://tunegroup.com/qpr-asia/

Comment

Kamarudins 20% shares were split and bought by Reilly at 10% and Bhatia at 10% when he left the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          Kamarudins 20% shares were split and bought by Reilly at 10% and Bhatia at 10% when he left the club.
          Im not sure where you got this from? But the companies house Confirmation Statement dated 16/6/2023 still shows that Qpr Asia SDN BHD hold 2.9bln shares. This is the vehicle that held Tony & Kamarudin's shares. See page 237 of 318.

Total Soccer Growth (Ruban's holding) stands at 5.8bln share on page 286 of318

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

The only way I can see that Kamarudin's holding has been reduced is if he's has sold in interest in Tune Group. That seems unlikely as many companies are owned by this firm.As he left the directorship in May 22 there would be a company requirement for any sharehold change to he reflected in the next Confirmatio Statement.

Their shareholding will be diluted by "loan conversation" into newly created shares.

The next shareholder filing will be June 2024 which may reflect the news in July23 that states Fernandes had sold his stake in Qpr. His Tune Group partner is Kamarudin.
          Last edited by SheepRanger; 14-01-2024, 12:24 AM.

Comment

We can only wait and see what happens.

If we were in breach of our commitments, then the chances are that we'd be charged with not meeting our financial commitments and the likelihood is that the charge goes to a independent disciplinary commission who decide the sanction.

We''d soon know about it if we have done.

Comment

Happily Read All Your Posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                This is what I saw and heard too that Reilly and Mittals took an increase in share ownership

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

This is what I saw and heard too that Reilly and Mittals took an increase in share ownership
                  Mittal is no longer connected to the club, it is exclusively Amit Bhatia’s capital and shareholding, dating back to 2-3 years ago. At the time, Bhatia held around a 3% shareholding. That has since increased to around 13-15% after the purchase of Kamarudins shares.

Comment

Working...
                  X