Red Bull Rangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull Rangers?

I don't really know why and i'm not 100% sure what was said in the interview or in my sleep, but something feels like we are being setup to become part of a larger organization as a feeder team that develops players that play a certain way for larger club somewhere.

I don't know exactly who that would be, Real Madrid don't really have a style but thats the largest club our new CEO was connected to.
    So question is, how would the faithful feel if this happened?

I do not think multi-club-ownership companies are using clubs in the portfolio as feeder clubs for the bigger clubs under joint ownership. I am not particularly keen on this model, but I do not think it has worked out as a feeder-system, more an ability to loan players from each other in a simpler manner than normal. If a bigger club in such portfolio of clubs buys a player from a small club in the same system, it has to be on market based terms by law if the clubs are operating in different countries.

Up here in Scandinavia, Midtjylland (Denmark) has had same ownership as Brentford for years (until August 2023). This has been a big success for Midtjylland.

While it isn't on the top of my wish list, I would not worry if Real Madrid's owners acquired QPR. I think it would spell better times. But I doubt Nourry is coming into the CEO role to orchestrate such a move. If there is interest in buying QPR, and owners are planning to sell to a club conglomerate like Red Bull, they do not need to change CEO to make that happen. However, with a better strategy, and competent persons in key position, QPR becomes a more saleable club.

Comment

Thats a great way of putting it. I wasn't aware of the need to buy at market rate and by feeder I look at the RB model between leipzig and salzburg as feeling from the outside more of a place to send players to learn to play the RB way.... but maybe i'm wrong there. I do wonder why a successful team wouldn't look for a solution like this, the championship is a very demanding leagues that help create great players.

Comment

LordLoftus. I think you have it about right. I am a little surprised to see that so many on the forum, feel that this new chap is just a singular appointment who has taken on single handedly the task of turning us around. I am certain that he is part of something much wider in remit. He is their representative in our camp.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
          LordLoftus. I think you have it about right. I am a little surprised to see that so many on the forum, feel that this new chap is just a singular appointment who has taken on single handedly the task of turning us around. I am certain that he is part of something much wider in remit. He is their representative in our camp.
          Exactly.

He is the figurehead in our club of some sort of consortium that has a lot of backing (both financial and football knowledge/application), and a notion to have interests in a host of clubs in a variety of locations and leagues to cross fertilise ideas and experience.

I see the proposed clubs as a sort of loose federation that seeks to benefit from shared "wisdom". It will be more of a "co-operative" than a hierarchy with feeder teams at the bottom growing players for the top dog club.

Comment

Working...
          X