Still gonna believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still gonna believe

We all know the next three games are big and today was a distraction. Bottom line is, we didn't get thrashed which is what lots of us feared and partly expected. So half glass full.

I've seen enough improvements in recent months to think we can get 6 points out of 9 at home. And the Huddersfield game is massive.

If we can get close to, or all of the first 11 out in the coming weeks and play like we did against Hull, and make the most of being at home, just maybe!

But we have to get out of the idea that there's money, new players coming in or just endlessly talking about all of the mistakes on and off the pitch, bad signings or rubbishing lots of our players (however true). We are where we are and there's 20 games left. We have a really decent manager, better than we deserve, and as a collective, it's always about the collective and team that wins games.

At Cardiff there was booing at half time. I mean, we were bad but booing your own team when they are lacking confidence and being a bit unlucky (two decent penalty shouts days before at Ipswich) . And given how dogs&*t we were under GA, getting behind the team, being the 12th man etc could make the difference.

I'm sure loads will jump on my back now and tell me I'm wrong etc. But if Marti can keep getting 2-3-5% improvements out of them, and they play and grow as a team, we can and will stay up. I've seen a 20-30% (if not more) improvement over 2 months. With most of the recent games, these small extra margins can get us 3 points. If by some small miracle we can actually strengthen the team, even better. But if we can't, then we have to get behind them.

I really hope this post doesn't look daft after Watford. Marti is going to save us.

Originally posted by ginogino View Post
    We all know the next three games are big and today was a distraction. Bottom line is, we didn't get thrashed which is what lots of us feared and partly expected. So half glass full.

I've seen enough improvements in recent months to think we can get 6 points out of 9 at home. And the Huddersfield game is massive.

If we can get close to, or all of the first 11 out in the coming weeks and play like we did against Hull, and make the most of being at home, just maybe!

But we have to get out of the idea that there's money, new players coming in or just endlessly talking about all of the mistakes on and off the pitch, bad signings or rubbishing lots of our players (however true). We are where we are and there's 20 games left. We have a really decent manager, better than we deserve, and as a collective, it's always about the collective and team that wins games.

At Cardiff there was booing at half time. I mean, we were bad but booing your own team when they are lacking confidence and being a bit unlucky (two decent penalty shouts days before at Ipswich) . And given how dogs&*t we were under GA, getting behind the team, being the 12th man etc could make the difference.

I'm sure loads will jump on my back now and tell me I'm wrong etc. But if Marti can keep getting 2-3-5% improvements out of them, and they play and grow as a team, we can and will stay up. I've seen a 20-30% (if not more) improvement over 2 months. With most of the recent games, these small extra margins can get us 3 points. If by some small miracle we can actually strengthen the team, even better. But if we can't, then we have to get behind them.

I really hope this post doesn't look daft after Watford. Marti is going to save us.
    Imo it depends who or if we get new faces in Jan current squad isn't good enough the midfield creates sod all sell Chair were screwed he's about the only player that can keep the ball ok he's greedy but finishing is not normally up to scratch neither is his crossing

Also Marti needs to best side out possible and not faff with it bar injuries

Comment

Well said ginogino! Bournemouth in prem and our entire back 4 probably the second string today. Better than second place EFL team for a lot of game. Let’s support the lads there is enough quality in this squad if we get a few breaks

Comment

We have improved massively as a team from Ainsworth to Marti but with a few injuries we are doomed because our back up players are terrible.
        If we can sell one or two and replace them with a few loans then i believe we will definately stay up but we are relying on nobody getting injured with the squad we've got.
        Even if we don't sell anybody we need a midfielder and striker to have a chance , if we have'nt got the money we need to beg a Prem team to loan us a decent youngster or two for nothing.

Comment

As said our midfield is weak , can we toughen up I don't know. Sheff weds have improved and I think they'll be ok.
          Is there 3 teams worse than us , not at the moment .
          It's tight down there and I think the toughest teams that dig in and grind will survive .
          I fear we haven't got that in the locker . Today showed that , we folded in the second half under pressure .
          If we can get a back 4 of cannon , JCS , cook and Paal playing . Get a grafter in midfield to play with field .
          Drop Dozzell we may have a chance .
          Play 2 up front in winnable home games .

Comment

Working...
          X