Todays attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays attendance

It looks like another 17,000 plus crowd today, got a feeling Amit is buying up loads of tickets to boost the crowd figures.

Booooooooooo

More fans at game than the Stoke match

Comment

16,967 official attendance

Comment

Our average attendance so far this season has been 16,092, which is a massive increase on 22/23.

I personally wonder if we might see us only giving away fans the upper tier for the 2nd half of the season if attendances continue to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
          Our average attendance so far this season has been 16,092, which is a massive increase on 22/23.

I personally wonder if we might see us only giving away fans the upper tier for the 2nd half of the season if attendances continue to increase.
          I think this thread is possibly a sly dig at the club over how they reported the attendance for Stoke game. That night was clearly barely 12K so I think it's slightly optimistic to think we can sell (and I emphasise sell, not give away) over 16K seats to home fans for many fixtures.

When it comes to giving away 1200 lower tier school end tickets to schools OR selling them for £30 a pop to away fans I don't think the club is any position to give up nigh on £40K.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I think this thread is possibly a sly dig at the club over how they reported the attendance for Stoke game. That night was clearly barely 12K so I think it's slightly optimistic to think we can sell (and I emphasise sell, not give away) over 16K seats to home fans for many fixtures.

When it comes to giving away 1200 lower tier school end tickets to schools OR selling them for £30 a pop to away fans I don't think the club is any position to give up nigh on £40K.
            To be fair, Stoke was on Tuesday night so you'd expect it to be lower.

Comment

ST holders are included in attendance figures wheher they turn up or dont turn up. Thats why midweek attendances are higher than who's actually in the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                ST holders are included in attendance figures wheher they turn up or dont turn up. Thats why midweek attendances are higher than who's actually in the ground.
                Exactly so. Unfortunately frequently working in the NW during the week means I miss quite a few mid week games (including Stoke and will miss Plymouth) but as a ST holder get counted as "attending"

I presume that all clubs do this now?

Comment

loads of empty seats in upper loft, not sure what official attendance was SAR & ER looked quite full from where i sit in upper loft

Comment

Originally posted by StortfordRanger View Post

Exactly so. Unfortunately frequently working in the NW during the week means I miss quite a few mid week games (including Stoke and will miss Plymouth) but as a ST holder get counted as "attending"

I presume that all clubs do this now?
                    Reminds me of group matches played out in half empty stadiums at Euro 96. When questioned about it the FA said it didn't matter cos all the tickets had been sold.

Must have a knock on effect for policing, catering, stewarding when 30% of ticket holders don't turn up. Oh well, nobody will ever convince me it's sensible to quote a 16K attendance for a crowd of 11K. Makes me suspicious of what other "wheezes" the club will get up to.

Comment

I'm a ST holder but cant make mid-week games. I think this is becoming the norm as more people move out of the cities
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                      X