X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

True. But ultimately its what the player wants isn't it? If say Everton came in and met the release clause but Eze don't want to go, it's a non-starter. Maybe he'll fancy Spurs, maybe he won't.... with £60 mil to play with I wouldn't rule out possibility of Palace waving a big fat "loyalty bonus" at him if he stays another 6-12 months. It's all a bit complicated! Still staggers me how Reading didn't stick any sell-on clause on Elise - fair do's to Les/Lee, they did well with that one for us.
    Yeah, nothing is guaranteed for sure. But you'd think Palace can't keep paying mega money and possibly lose out on a pay day. But I guess it's a balancing act to avoid relegation too.

Reading are where they are for a reason I guess. Our two did well......

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    I thought he has a release clause in his contract, which needed to go in to make him sign his last contract extension with Palace. Anyone meeting that and he'll go even if CP want him to stay. The rumour on the Interweb was Spurs are going to meet it, rumoured to be £60m.
    True. But ultimately its what the player wants isn't it? If say Everton came in and met the release clause but Eze don't want to go, it's a non-starter. Maybe he'll fancy Spurs, maybe he won't.... with £60 mil to play with I wouldn't rule out possibility of Palace waving a big fat "loyalty bonus" at him if he stays another 6-12 months. It's all a bit complicated! Still staggers me how Reading didn't stick any sell-on clause on Elise - fair do's to Les/Lee, they did well with that one for us.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    I thought he has a release clause in his contract, which needed to go in to make him sign his last contract extension with Palace. Anyone meeting that and he'll go even if CP want him to stay. The rumour on the Interweb was Spurs are going to meet it, rumoured to be £60m.
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 08-07-2024, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    My view is he had a very impressive second half of last season, forced his way into England squad and has looked decent enough when brought on. If he can maintain form levels I can see him fitting in at any number of top sides. Man City might be a stretch but pretty much any other side.

Bigger problem might be Olise has gone and Palarse may feel they do not need to sell and want to keep hold of players to see how they can do under the new manager given the promising start he made when he came in. It wouldn't surprise me to see him stay and Palarse look to improve overall quality of squad to try and compete a little further up the league.

Leave a comment:

• Where's waddock
    replied
    Maybe being pessimistic but unless eze goes abroad I am struggling to see where he will go in premier league. Cannot see City, arsenal, Liverpool, coming in for him Tottenham seem to have a lot of attacking midfielders already. Never seemed mentioned for man utd, Chelsea have lots of options already.

Unless they sell players can't see villa affording him, maybe Newcastle will make a bid if they sell Gordon which I don't think they will.

Wondered what other people think.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    I notice Elise has joined Bayern after they met his £60mil release clause. Dunno if this materially effects Eze's future - unsure how Palace would feel about losing their best two players or if they can do anything about it if there is a release clause in Eze's contract.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Thought he did pretty well although you could have put on Jude the Cat and he would have been an upgrade on what went before!

Did himself no harm and looked the part which will have done no harm at all of his chances of a big move.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    What we need is Eze to dance his way thro the Spanish defense, dummy the keeper and slot home the winner.....aw what you wake me up for, damn !!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Sheep NewsNow really is a ridiculous gossip column that you're far too superior to read
    I'm defo a clickbait sucker.......hoping its true that we'll land another twelve big ones. But yeah, most of the stuff on there never seems to come off, with some players we're link to chosing lower league teams than us.

But without any contacts at the club it does bridge the gap till the season starts.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Sheep NewsNow really is a ridiculous gossip column that you're far too superior to read

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Read on newsnow that Spurs are ready to offer the release clause. Whatever that is.... assumed to be £60m. Perhaps more now he's an international.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanfan View Post
    Hope we get extra money for eze getting an appearance at left back on top of the one we already got!
    He did surprisingly well there, was calm on the ball and made a couple of timely interventions, I think he should have come on sooner because he brings something different to that team which seemed to be out of ideas!

Leave a comment:

• Stanfan
    replied
    Hope we get extra money for eze getting an appearance at left back on top of the one we already got!

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Does Rice not like Eze ? He wouldn't pass to him !!!

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Just gotta hope Eze will get some game time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X