Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Out of contract this summer

Was reading a article saying 14 players out of contract in the summer
    field and dunne and Sinclair and Willock only ones I would want to extend!

loosing that many players is a massive rebuild in the summer

it may be a blessing and get a new squad but say we replace them 14 with another 14 it’s a recipe for disaster ..

We are in a bit of a pickle end of the season

If there's an offer for Field in Jan he might be sold if he doesnt extend. Im sure there will be others out there to replace him. I think the Scandinavian leagues have now finished with their new seasons starting in the Spring. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see some leaving and new faces in Jan.

Comment

We have one year options on Armstrong and Dunne.

Armstrong scored one goal. Worth extending? I'd release him end of season unless he starts delivering. Had his chance, not taken it.

Comment

Make u right about Armstrong , first and foremost he's paid to score goals , he's just not doing it .

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
          We have one year options on Armstrong and Dunne.

Armstrong scored one goal. Worth extending? I'd release him end of season unless he starts delivering. Had his chance, not taken it.
          The problem with Armstrong is we want him to succeed but i just don't think he's championship quality send him out on loan to league 2, just like we did with chair at stevenage he came back better and full of confidence got to be worth a try.

Comment

We haven't had anything like a consistently capable squad for several years. I'm sure some will pipe up with what about that lot or what about them but I'd still say nah, they came up short and still had that inherent inconsistency that persistently dogs us, y'know, losing to a Scunthorpe or a Peterborough sort of thing.

Even likes of Chair, Dunne, Field have been part of this dreadful few years where we just don't look capable of dominating, imposing and scrapping to a win. We always look weak, lightweight and easy to roll-over.

In short, I'd happily show all 16 the door and I'd think very hard before taking up the option to extend anyone's contract too. The idea of starting again with a blank sheet of paper definitely appeals to me. The only caveat I'd put in is giving this bunch 10 games to shape up, stop being toothless and win some games. Failure to improve or respond to Marti's methods means they're out on their ear and I'd be happy to carry their manbags and murses to their £100K motors for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post

The problem with Armstrong is we want him to succeed but i just don't think he's championship quality send him out on loan to league 2, just like we did with chair at stevenage he came back better and full of confidence got to be worth a try.
              We have to make decision this season. Loan spell at end of contract is pointless in my opinion.

I'd love to see him succeed, just don't think he will.

I take your point about loaning young players, last few years, they've all been a waste of time. Chair and Eze were last successful loans.

Comment

Vaguely linked to contracts/player........Got a Bond Holder's update earlier. I've pasted a paragraph below about how the new training complex allowed us to host a tournament featuring prem clubs and international clubs. This is hopefully the sort of thing that will boost the development of our kids and they evolve into something better than we've seen coming through of late. Another example of how the impressive new training ground should start paying real dividends a few years down the line.

U16 Heston International Cup
                One of the many opportunities that has been afforded to the Academy since the opening of the TSG Elite Training & Performance Centre is the ability to host multi-team tournaments. The outstanding pitch surfaces and modern dressing rooms allow us to open our facilities with pride to visiting teams.

As part of our partnership with Orange Veins, we hosted the first Heston International Cup for our U16 age group, featuring a number of Premier League and international clubs. It certainly felt like a landmark moment for us and demonstrates that we have come such a long way from the challenges of hosting games across multiple rented sites. We very much look forward to the U12 International Cup which will be hosted in April 2024.

Comment

Well done the club for that.

Comment

I honestly wouldn't be too bothered about any of our players going as they are hardly world beaters and are very inconsistent. The thing that worries me is our recruitment process has been poor for years and I'm not sure we would get much better. I just hope that Marti can work some magic and get us playing some decent stuff. I trust him more than I did Ainsworth that's for sure.

Comment

Field and Dunne I'd extend. Armstrong but not on some silly contract, maybe generous first team appearance/goals bonus so if he does kick on he gets rewarded. Willock if he can get his form back will be gone regardless. In the unlikely event nobody further up the food chain comes in and he likes playing under Marti then yes extend.

Rest we need a clearout and hopefully (assuming he is still here!) Marti can use his knowledge to bring in a few gems and I am hopeful his playing style may assist in getting in 2 or 3 decent loans.

Of course much will depend on what league we are in.

Comment

Working...
                      X