Dixon-Bonner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon-Bonner

Many ruled him out. He looks a good player, the kind of which we normally pay over the odds to a Div 1 club. MC already saw something positive in him and under his guidance, he will thrives.

Only one game but was glad to see him get a start and do well. We badly need more competition and cover in the centre of midfield so would be great if he can push on.

Also Richards got more game time than probably since he joined us! If MC can get him going will give us more cover/competition creative wise.

Willock needs game time but could be vital if he finds his feet and form.

Very early days but some encouraging signs. What I really want to see is a dramatic change in the way we play at home as we have been the worst I have ever known us by a long way at Loftus Road.

Comment

Offered more than Dozzell more energy and more involved for me

Can see him as sub mainly as colback field will be main 2 with richard hopefull coming through and dykes in middle of chaor willock

But looks like we got options at last

pleased for him though unlucky not to score

Comment

Rotherham v QPR player ratings - West London Sport

Elijah Dixon-Bonner: 8

A hugely encouraging full league debut. Always wanted the ball and used it very well when he got it. So close to scoring his first senior goal when his shot came back off the post. Could be hard to drop on this showing.

Comment

Dixon-Bonner is like a new signing!

Cannon and Dixon-Bonner in a short space is time is like a 10% increase of the size of the squad, adding two very useful players!

Comment

With football becoming like rugby in terms of "replacements" and half the team routinely getting subbed in 2nd half I suppose terms like 1st XI or starting XI are becoming less important and it's about a team of 16 that will all get significant minutes on the pitch. From a tactical point of view, someone like Colback could be tasked with running himself into the ground over 60mins before D-B takes over (or vice versa). Anyway, was encouraging appearance by the young lad but keep in mind we were playing a League One standard team. He deserves to keep his place so be interesting to see how he gets on against Robins.

Comment

Marti is very well known in Scandinavia for developing young players. I do hope that some of Kolli, Kelman, Aoraha, Drewe, Larkeche and others we might not think of right now (from our development squad) will play a very crucial role during the second part of the season, next to Armstrong and Dixon-Bonner of course. That's the way he has developed good teams - not so much through acquisitions, because Sandefjord, Aalborg and Hammarby have not been rich clubs, but rather "selling clubs".

I also hope that creative players such as Richards, Dozzell and obviously Willock and Chair will benefit a lot from his approach, so all in all I am very hopeful. But Championship is a big, big step up from Scandinavia. Graham Potter, coming from Østersund in Sweden, took a couple of years before he got Brighton flying. I hope we give him time, even if we get relegated this season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                Marti is very well known in Scandinavia for developing young players. I do hope that some of Kolli, Kelman, Aoraha, Drewe, Larkeche and others we might not think of right now (from our development squad) will play a very crucial role during the second part of the season, next to Armstrong and Dixon-Bonner of course. That's the way he has developed good teams - not so much through acquisitions, because Sandefjord, Aalborg and Hammarby have not been rich clubs, but rather "selling clubs".

I also hope that creative players such as Richards, Dozzell and obviously Willock and Chair will benefit a lot from his approach, so all in all I am very hopeful. But Championship is a big, big step up from Scandinavia. Graham Potter, coming from Østersund in Sweden, took a couple of years before he got Brighton flying. I hope we give him time, even if we get relegated this season.
                Creative and Dozzell in the same sentence.
                He plays backwards and sideways and creates very little

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  Many ruled him out. He looks a good player, the kind of which we normally pay over the odds to a Div 1 club. MC already saw something positive in him and under his guidance, he will thrives.
                  23 year next January. Saturday was his first ever league start.

Colbeck and Dozzell back from suspension Saturday. Can he keep them out of side Saturday? I don't think he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

23 year next January. Saturday was his first ever league start.

Colbeck and Dozzell back from suspension Saturday. Can he keep them out of side Saturday? I don't think he will.
                    He may be 23 next Januaty, however he only joined a year ago and played very little minutes on the wing. Its that little details a Manager see in a player that makes quality shine.

Comment

He may be 23 next Januaty, however he only joined a year ago and played very little minutes on the wing. Its that little details a Manager see in a player that makes quality shine.
                      Sorry, you misunderstood. First ever 1st team start at any club. Not just us.

We'll find out on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Creative and Dozzell in the same sentence.
                        He plays backwards and sideways and creates very little
                        Whenever I see Dozzell in his more natural position ahead of a holding two, behind the strikers, I find him more creative than in a defensive midfield role. He is comfortable on the ball, and I think we have yet to see the best of him. My point is that I think Marti's style might get the best out of him if used correctly. I think he has often suffered for lack of self-belief, playing the simple short and backwards passes and often gone hiding. I am convinced there is a good player in there.

The positive, modern forward looking football I expect us to play now is certainly better than GAs negative stone age style for a player like Dozzell.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Whenever I see Dozzell in his more natural position ahead of a holding two, behind the strikers, I find him more creative than in a defensive midfield role. He is comfortable on the ball, and I think we have yet to see the best of him. My point is that I think Marti's style might get the best out of him if used correctly. I think he has often suffered for lack of self-belief, playing the simple short and backwards passes and often gone hiding. I am convinced there is a good player in there.

The positive, modern forward looking football I expect us to play now is certainly better than GAs negative stone age style for a player like Dozzell.
                          I wish he wasn't but he's always a yard to slow getting to the ball or getting away with the ball , he knows his limitations and plays it safe .....backwards and sideways
                          WHen do we ever see him driving forward with the ball or playing two's

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Sorry, you misunderstood. First ever 1st team start at any club. Not just us.

We'll find out on Saturday.
                            At any club means Arsenal and Liverpool! So a player that cannot get a game at Liverpool is not good enough for us?

Comment

At any club means Arsenal and Liverpool! So a player that cannot get a game at Liverpool is not good enough for us?
                              As fans, we're claiming player who's played around 500 minutes of 1st Team Football in four years is suddenly amazing.

See if he starts on Saturday. Hopefully, I'm wrong and he starts every game till end of season.

Comment

Working...
                              X