What a situation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a situation!

We have a first class, state of the art training ground ... and lack of ideas how to play football. Do we need all those pitches, such high class equipments, everything that a modern club needs and then play this crap? It would be enough for the style we are using to meet in a field and play for two hours. I watched very amateur players with no facilities at all play much better! Surely we should be better than what we are watching. Mr. GA ... Time to pack your bags.

Doesn't matter how good or bad the training facilities are.
    If the owners/board/DOF/previous managers have assembled a p155 poor squad of sick notes, has beens and League One standard players.

Then expect that League One is where you'll end up.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
      Doesn't matter how good or bad the training facilities are.
      If the owners/board/DOF/previous managers have assembled a p155 poor squad of sick notes, has beens and League One standard players.

Then expect that League One is where you'll end up.
      Unfortunately I expect us to struggle in L1 with this squad GA isn't the man for L1 either

Comment

The training facilities are a long-term investment in the club. Anything that happens in the next couple of years (good or bad) will have very little to do with the new training ground. The payoff comes further down the line when we have kids who have spent a few years at the facility maturing into the first team.

I was dubious about the new training ground a few years ago. I cited the example of Sunderland who had stunning world-class training facilities but were stuck in League One. However, looking at them now, I realise my logic was skewed and based on short-term thinking.

Whatever malaise sits on us today, the training ground is not part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          The training facilities are a long-term investment in the club. Anything that happens in the next couple of years (good or bad) will have very little to do with the new training ground. The payoff comes further down the line when we have kids who have spent a few years at the facility maturing into the first team.

I was dubious about the new training ground a few years ago. I cited the example of Sunderland who had stunning world-class training facilities but were stuck in League One. However, looking at them now, I realise my logic was skewed and based on short-term thinking.

Whatever malaise sits on us today, the training ground is not part of the problem.
          Training ground will help but if the level of coaching is diabolical ala 1st team there won't be any fruition from youth

We still need to develop and sell and reinvest sadly we've got stuff that won't go at a car boot and that cycle needs to stop asap

Comment

Seems like we plan to lose (which is odd seeing as we made a couple of decent signings). If you watch say an FA cup tie between teams leagues apart, the lower ranked team always has their moments and quite often, a lot of them. Watching us play against even poor teams, we create next to nothing which seems almost inexplicable. Our crossing is awful, so as to ensure that no danger is created. I have feared for some time that we are being managed to fail. Two of the players most influential in the win against Burnley, were allowed to leave.
            What we are seeing seems too bad and consistently so, to be explained by normal means. I am not a conspiracy believer normally but it wouldn't take much to covince me that the assett stripping of our once great club, including Loftus Road (the jewel in our crown), was responsible for what we are experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
              Seems like we plan to lose (which is odd seeing as we made a couple of decent signings). If you watch say an FA cup tie between teams leagues apart, the lower ranked team always has their moments and quite often, a lot of them. Watching us play against even poor teams, we create next to nothing which seems almost inexplicable. Our crossing is awful, so as to ensure that no danger is created. I have feared for some time that we are being managed to fail. Two of the players most influential in the win against Burnley, were allowed to leave.
              What we are seeing seems too bad and consistently so, to be explained by normal means. I am not a conspiracy believer normally but it wouldn't take much to covince me that the assett stripping of our once great club, including Loftus Road (the jewel in our crown), was responsible for what we are experiencing.
              I fail to see how a side that's devoid of so much quality technical ability and basic skills can lose 500k a week that's how pi££ poor the owners are

All well and good saying would you put 500k a week in to defend them but they are catastrophically inept it beggar's belief how they are successful business people

Comment

Maybe just in it for the long term asset strip!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I fail to see how a side that's devoid of so much quality technical ability and basic skills can lose 500k a week that's how pi££ poor the owners are

All well and good saying would you put 500k a week in to defend them but they are catastrophically inept it beggar's belief how they are successful business people
                  It all shows bad Management. In every other business, no management will permit £500,000 losses a week. Something terribly wrong with the structure of the club. Could be many things. If we cannot afford the number of players we have than reduce. If the club do not needs 200 employees working for the club, reduce. The problem with the owners is that they look too nice to be in Management. Order a proper restructuring of the club whole set-up and do whatever required to move forward. Pumping money in to make up for the losses will never solve the problem. Reminds me of 'there's a hole in the bucket' song ... why continue filling the water in it if there is a hole in the bucket!

Comment

We handed out too many one year contract renewals last summer to players never going to make it at QPR

Dixon-Bonner, Duke-McKenna, Pedder, Drewe, Kargbo, Kelman, Gubbins.

I don't think any of them would survive in L2.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
                      Maybe just in it for the long term asset strip!
                      What assets?

The ground restrictions mean the land has to be used for the community not commercial buildings. If we sold our entire squad I doubt it would be worth more than £15m (Chair, Willock, Field, Dykes and Armstrong)

Current Director loans would be more than this.

Comment

Working...
                      X