Les Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Ferdinand

"Former Queens Park Rangers and England striker Les Ferdinand says the criticism he faced as QPR's director of football was because of his colour".

NO! You didnt deliver premership football or an income stream from player sales - IDIOT!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67099065

Nothing to do with the fact, you wasn't very good.

Comment

The BBC have misquoted him. He actually said;

"Some of the criticism that came was because of my colour," he said.

"I always say to people, 'If I was a bad director of football, it wasn't because of my colour. It was just, I was a bad director of football. If I was a good one, it wasn't going to be because of my colour. It was because of my abilities.'"

Comment

I have never cared much for Ferdinand, I care even less for him today with those comments.

Face it Ferdinand you were #### at your job.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

F.O Les , u earn't a good living from football and a good living from us . Thought he had more about him

Comment

Disappointing comments especially given that QPR gave this guy the career he had. Had we not taken him from Hayes and taken the time and stayed patient whilst sending him out to Turkey to develop and then turning him into an England International, he could well have ended up a just another lad on the street who had a bit of talent but never amounted to much.

We gave him the platform and he took the opportunity but now decides to sh1t on us cos we said he wasnt good at his job as a dof. Facts dont lie Les. You were out of your depth, he has left the club in the same state it was before he came in. His consistently hired his mates, was desperate to give sherwood a job until he was told to f.o. His failure to create and produce a youth system that can develop and promote young players into first teamers is a joke given that most clubs around us do it every season and make it look easy.

He is embarrassed that he was finally told to leave or be sacked as he failed to deliver the aims and objectives his job description stated. All we have is a shiny new training ground which had nothing to do with his job btw, he needs to take his head out of his #### and admit he tried but largely failed as a dof.

He comes across as bitter and unable to accept he wasn't very good at his job and paid the price the same way as managers and coaches do.

Comment

We probably all knew this would come .
              he was big on colour !
              it didn’t matter if they was up to the job as long as it fitted in with his views .
              No one cares what colour you are . If you good enough you are good enough we live in 2023
              not the old days with old school views .
              his just attention seeking

Comment

At the end of the day, he was shite and it had nothing to do with colour. How many managers did he have a hand in appointing. Players purchased for millions and sold for peanuts or just given away for free under his watch as DoF.

Comment

#### off Les.What ######## you talk .Yiu weren’t any good,your decisions were shite,the players you bought in were mostly shite ,you hardly brought anyone through,just surprising after 8 years you wasn’t sacked a few years ago.And now the club is in a mess.Why not just say you failed as a Director of football .end of.

Comment

This is a really tough topic for me. Sir Les is my hero and will always be. I've deleted a post from Chaz who is a very good poster and it hurt to do that as everyone is entitled to an opinion but I just can't accept the bashing that he gets. He has been superb for this football club on and off the pitch. I think this comment has been massively taken out of text. I will write more tomorrow after a good night's sleep as this is sad to see the direction this has taken.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Its in quotes in the article and the BBC are woke friendly so they have no motivation to mske things up.

"Some of the criticism that came was because of my colour"

Perhaps Les could provide examples of where criticism of his job performance was based on racism? Or is that just his assumption without any facts to back it up? Without examples it just comes across as he's got a chip on his shoulder.

What he says about opportunities for black managers is true, but that doesnt relate to the quote about him.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        This is a really tough topic for me. Sir Les is my hero and will always be. I've deleted a post from Chaz who is a very good poster and it hurt to do that as everyone is entitled to an opinion but I just can't accept the bashing that he gets. He has been superb for this football club on and off the pitch. I think this comment has been massively taken out of text. I will write more tomorrow after a good night's sleep as this is sad to see the direction this has taken.
                        The direction is fully justified as he was utter crap at his job and he can sod off back to Spurs.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Good player crap dof. He was the front of a club that's clueless in terms of a way forwards he took the flak for that and was paid according.

I know he scouted washington as he was there sat feet away from me a few times every pboro fan knew they'd got a result in flogging him to us bar Les

As a club we've given opportunities to both Les Ramsey if he feels aggrieved tough weve not progressed apart from training facility that took ages to build.

We're a shambles still on the pitch with a future in L1 beckoning

OK GA maybe not his call but yes he may well of done good things with good intentions so do most people in life equally when they don't work out and paid far less than his salary just get on with life

Les thanks great player no doubt but not the best dof simple as that.

Move on and be grateful for what qpr has given u in life.

Comment

Easy to pick up on the mistakes but he was still the only bloke that had the balls to pull the plug on Harry redchap who was using his little black book to give senior players one massive last pay day, which has destroyed this football club and we're still suffering from so that alone he deserves some respect.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Easy to pick up on the mistakes but he was still the only bloke that had the balls to pull the plug on Harry redchap who was using his little black book to give senior players one massive last pay day, which has destroyed this football club and we're still suffering from so that alone he deserves some respect.
                              Not disputing catastrophic errors were made prior to Les being dof however he did make errors of his own like any human can do

sadly the errors of the past are haunting us for far too long and it's us fans having to watch total tripe at present most effected

As for his criticism being down to colour b@!!@cks it's about results football and progression if Les believes his colour caused criticism its the same bloody fans that cheered him with his shirt on

Comment

Working...
                              X