Willock-is he finished at this level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willock-is he finished at this level?

Fantastic talent, but subject to serious hamstring injuries. Can't totally blame him for not giving 100%. He must be scared shitless it's going to happen again, poor bugger.

Think it's more to do with his attitude, application and personality personally.

If he's on the pitch he's fit so it's not his hamstrings. I just think he's not bought into GA, hasn't responded well to being dropped and hasn't taken his chances when given opportunities to play.

Comment

Spot on Jimmy
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Running down clock with us. We have team of players running down clock, Willock, Kelman, Duke-McKenna, Dixon-Bonner, Richards, Pedder, Kargbo.

Comment

Same old story with us eh. Struggling and when you need your best player he downs tools. Fantastic.

Comment

He has been very badly advised by his dad who is acting as his agent at the moment I believe. He was told that he would be off in the summer and he wasn't expecting to be here by the start of the season. The interest from other teams never materialised and then he came back for pre season in a strop.

In add the fact that the manager didnt like his attitude last season where he buddied up with the likes of that lazy waster Roberts and it was soon evident that GA decided to concentrate on players who were committed to staying here. Willock ended up having to bite the bullet, getting his head down and trying to get a spot in the squad. He clearly still has doubts about his hamstring going again which doesn't help but after Ilias Chair, CW is the most naturally talented player available.

Keep giving him games and he'll come good. He plays and produces then he will get his move in Jan. If he remains on the sidelines then he sits on his hands, goes for free in July and yet again we lose a good player for nothing cos we decided he can't play in our system which currently produces no goals or any attacking threat.

Comment

Done nothing in close on a year.

Don't really believe it is anything much to do with the system. Someone with his talent would be at least showing some spark and he isn't. Either he is shot following injury or it is attitude.

If it is attitude then yes he will get a move in the summer but who will take him? By then he won't have produced anything in close on two years and could be viewed as having questionable attitude.

His best bet, if he can physically still do it, is to work as hard as he can and try and stand out. As things stand I believe next summer he will either be picked up by lower end Championship side hoping they can make him come good again or maybe even have to drop a league.

Comment

He needs to move on , he's nicking a living from us , half hearted and sluggish .

Comment

Think he's finished at QPR. He will join another Championship side in Jan or summer and be a quality player again. Think as another poster has said , he's fallen out with management and is just running his contract down.

Comment

I understand the Willock disgust but let's all be honest he won't be a league 1 player and fox I tend to agree with you however that's a little naughty on this occasion. Willock is the most gifted footballer in our team, he has the 1st touch of a premier League footballer but clearly something isn't right. I think not selling him in the summer was a mistake. I'm sure we could have pushed that Bristol city deal through. I do worry about us this season because we can talk about underperforming midfielders but the reality is we don't score enough goals and not signing a decent proven striker will be our downfall. I think we will be relegated to league one which pains me to say but Willock won't be joining us at that level
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think he was rushed way too early back by Beale. I feel we have a Michael Owen situation here.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I've lost count of the amount of decent players I've seen throw it away at different levels .
                        Played with blokes that could of played at much higher levels but either attitude , booze or drugs let them down .
                        One fella had outrageous skill , vision and touch always told me " I'm gonna sort myself out next season " , never did , such a waste .
                        None of of us know willocks reason for under performing , but what a waste the bloke was winning games by himself not so long ago .

Comment

His dream of emulating his brother is long gone.

If he doesnt pick things up soon he might struggle to find a championship club. If he goes in Jan hes wasted 18 months of a very short career.

GA hinted hes focused and worked on his firneds to stop injuries reoccurring. That should be a given not a change in mentality. Virtually saying his injuries were down to being a poor pro who had the hump.

Comment

It's clear willock doesn't enjoy GA's style of management. He isnt going to run 50 yards and make a sliding tackle in his own half. He's a player who needs space to go and roam, picking the ball up in deeper areas and linking the play alongside players who want to play in a style that shows their best attributes. GA wants players to break their balls by running non stop and isn't big on technical ability, he just wants hoof ball up to dykes and Armstrong. Chair is trying to combine the 2 both his game is going backwards under GA. I feel for both players who are struggling under the style of a manager who wants athletes and not necessarily good footballers.

Comment

Apparently he has been playing up in training, refuses to take long throws, keeps trying to do crazy things like one-two passing. Worst of all, wouldn't even hoof the ball like he has been told to. Utter disgrace and he needs to move on to a club like wycombe. Even if he learnt to run round like a headless chicken for 90 minutes like proper footballers from the old days, throw his arms up to get the crowd going , made some tasty tackles and learnt some good old rock and roll roaring I wouldn't forgive him. We deserve much better players.

Just so glad we leave him out, keep him on the bench, and ball him out when he tries something clever and looses possession. We are doing so much better without him and soon everyone will see the amazing football. Bet Loftus Rd will be packed, with loads of new young supporters waiting to see the likes of Albert and Cook.

Comment

Working...
                              X