X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New deal on table for Sinclair

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1111495.html

Makes sense - hope he signs it.

I hope the kid will come good but I’ve seen absolutely nothing to say we have a half decent player on our hands. Not a thing.

Comment

Definitely potential there but we need a bit more at the moment. Not in a position for him to be on a learning curve

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        I hope the kid will come good but I’ve seen absolutely nothing to say we have a half decent player on our hands. Not a thing.
        He has the potential to big a very good player at this level but that's all it is at the moment. His lack of composure, failing to stay on side non stop and his ability to hold onto the ball and link the play are huge work ons. A 5 year contract is a bit full on. 3 years with an option of a 4th is more sensible. He's got a lot to learn and he could be playing in league 1 next season so may aswell hold onto him if we can.

Finding a decent alternative to him and dykes is what the club should be trying to sort out. Kolli needs a loan move. Not 5 mins when we are getting desperate in the last throws of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Hooper W12 View Post
          Definitely potential there but we need a bit more at the moment. Not in a position for him to be on a learning curve
          I'd say it's the perfect time to be learning. Getting games every week, having to bust his balls, thrown in at the deep end etc. He just hasn't got any composure, rarely tests the keeper, doesn't even get shots off and needs to sort out his maturity.

Comment

Understand what you’re saying and would agree once and if we move up the table

Comment

Not seen anything from him bar raw power .
              always offside
              Can't trap a ball and lacks stamina

Comment

Five year deal seems excessive. Potential, this season has to deliver. Easy to measure, 15 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  Not seen anything from him bar raw power .
                  always offside
                  Can't trap a ball and lacks stamina
                  Agree about trapping the ball, watched him closely last night & his control was very poor & movement, should’ve gone out on loan this season & we should’ve got a striker in

Comment

He is a young man, forcing his way to make it as a professional footballer. He must improve on certain aspects of his game. So what? If he is Mbappe or a Messi, than he will not be playing for us. It's what we should be doing. Giving him the chance to learn and optimise his potential. The perfect lad will leaves us straight away as others did. So agree with the offer. 5 year contract is good and will give the club the bargaining power if he comes good in the third year. Same as with Chair. But look on those offered 3 year deals. Willock, Manning, BOS, Field etc. We should had learned from past mistakes.

Comment

His pace is ridiculous lighting fast good attitude

Needs to improve touch awareness re offside for me he needs to go on loan to L1 or 2 get some goals

Comment

Has the raw ingredients but in some respects is very raw. Ideally should be one of three or four senior strikers with a mix of starts, sub appearances and resting this season with the hope of pushing for more regular starts next season.

Feel a bit for him as we create naff all so playing up top for us is an uphill struggle for someone seasoned let alone someone young and raw.

Hopefully club will get him signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          He is a young man, forcing his way to make it as a professional footballer. He must improve on certain aspects of his game. So what? If he is Mbappe or a Messi, than he will not be playing for us. It's what we should be doing. Giving him the chance to learn and optimise his potential. The perfect lad will leaves us straight away as others did. So agree with the offer. 5 year contract is good and will give the club the bargaining power if he comes good in the third year. Same as with Chair. But look on those offered 3 year deals. Willock, Manning, BOS, Field etc. We should had learned from past mistakes.
                          Same age as Bellingham. I know players mature at different ages, but he should really be the finished article within the next two years tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsah View Post

Same age as Bellingham. I know players mature at different ages, but he should really be the finished article within the next two years tops.
                            Yes, this is true. This is why we need him to be tied down on a long contract so when he comes good he has 3 years left on his contract. This is how we mimic Brentford's model and attract top dollar for a player. As it stands, Sinclair only has any value in next two transfer windows, after that his value falls off a cliff as he approaches free agent status.

Comment

Working...
                            X