Chair Tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair Tackle

From where I was sitting he had controls of the ball and both legs were taken away from him without the Sunderland player getting the ball.

It looked a red card and a dirrct free kick to me.

My eyes arent the best, so did others see it differently?

If it's the one in the first half you're talking then it's a good tackle. Guy took the ball and player at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
      If it's the one in the first half you're talking then it's a good tackle. Guy took the ball and player at same time.
      That was the one but didnt see the ball win.

But even though he won the ball surely surthe modern game that would still be regarded ss dangerous play? Chair had both legs taken away from underneath him? The near chopped him in half?

Comment

Think it's cos the ball was won first and chair fell over the guy sliding in. If it was man and ball at same time it's our free kick and a yellow card although with today's ref it just a free kick then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
          Think it's cos the ball was won first and chair fell over the guy sliding in. If it was man and ball at same time it's our free kick and a yellow card although with today's ref it just a free kick then.
          Cheers Don

Im down for a cornea graft on my right eye - it cant come soon enough. I think the ref could do with two of them!!

Comment

Yeah watching online it was exactly how Don described. Inch perfect tackle and it needed to be or the guy was in trouble.

Comment

He could have been taken knee high and that ref wouldn't of given it

Comment

Working...
              X