Our youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our youngsters

A footballer career is difficult, especially when still young and must establish his credentials. Many young players have been butchered by harsh critiscm which is very unfair. These players need encouragement and trust of the fans. It gives great satisfaction to watch the likes of Dozzell, Armstrong, Kakay, Smyth, DM, Kolli and so many more showing so much improvement. Credit to GA and the rest of the coaching staff. Aroaha, Bonner, Rendall and others will continue to improve and help the club to better future. However, patience is required!

This is where the new training ground and fabulous facilities, is in my opinion starting to make a difference

All of the lads being together day in day out with the opportunity of mentoring must also be making a difference

Ainsworths attitude towards giving the younger lads a chance and attending games will encourage even further

Comment

Agree ! That new training ground has gotta be an attraction to any player.
      Just being there watching the first team train and hoping to get dragged onto the same pitch must be the dreams of any youngster.
      I can see them building a block of apartments to house those kids there. The place is bigger nuff !!

Comment

Is a pleasing thing to see. Generally speaking our youngsters have barely been given a kick in recent years and they will never progress if they don't get chances.

Brighton got themselves a flashy new training facility some years ago and I overlook it, albeit need binoculars to see any action! Has made a big difference to them and I am sure will in time with us along with some of the backroom appointments we have made. Also helps that GA seems willing to give the youngsters a go.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Is a pleasing thing to see. Generally speaking our youngsters have barely been given a kick in recent years and they will never progress if they don't get chances.

Brighton got themselves a flashy new training facility some years ago and I overlook it, albeit need binoculars to see any action! Has made a big difference to them and I am sure will in time with us along with some of the backroom appointments we have made. Also helps that GA seems willing to give the youngsters a go.
          I agree, its great to see the young players really thriving at the moment.

Brighton like you say got a superb facility and they've produced some excellent young players.

That could be us in the next few years.

Comment

Our owners get a lot of sticks, also from myself. I am very unhappy for the way they have gambled financially, spending almost all money in the first two years of a three years FFP cycle. But credit where credit is due: We should be very grateful for the investment they have made in Premier League standard training facility and the ongoing investment in the academy (despite the fact that the outcome has been modest for years). I second the sentiment expressed by other posters in this thread - I think this will benefit us massively in the years to come.

Comment

I stopped reading at Dozzell

Comment

I was married with a kid juggling three jobs to keep a roof over our heads when I was same age as most of those "youngsters" mentioned above.

Frankly, once they're 18 they need to start delivering and be on a steady upward curve - I find it laughable, ridiculous and frankly worrying if men in their early 20s who want to be footballers are still wet behind the ears and require handling like kids or get in a tizzy when reading criticism online.

I accept that modern young adults are mostly a bunch of wet lettuces but those types need to pursue careers as influencers and stay clear of football. It's not entirely their fault of course, much blame must lie with scouts and coaches who overlook the fact these pansies don't have the cajones to be pro footballers yet still waste time recruiting them.

Comment

It's all changed our 19 yr old looks at us.like we are mad when we ask for house keeping , if it was my choice there would be no choice , but I've got to the age when i can't be bothered with rows , argument or bad feeling with either him or mummy .

Comment

all any of us want is a quiet life ...

Agree with whatever 'er indoors says then circumvent it.

Comment

Those coaches and scouts are probably your generation/age and it's your generation that probably raised them. So stop looking down and instead look around at your lot being at fault.

That said, Vardy didn't really get his break until what? 24? 26? Plenty of time for them to develop still and they don't need to be the finished article or show exactly where they are going to end up at 18.

Eze was described exactly how you are describing this batch of youth players by all the teams that passed on him.

Comment

These lads should be ready at 21yrs to hit the first team, but managers have to deliver results or they'll get sacked. That short term lense makes them reluctant to blood these lads. So they go out on loan and arent deemed ready until 24yrs.

If we werent skint Armstrong would be on loan to Leyton Orient right now, and if they rubbish players hed be deemed shite too if he cant score from poor service.

If we had money the lads on the fringes wouldnt get near the subs bench.

Comment

Up to youngsters to impress in training. You have to compete with Sam Field on training pitch first. He's not going to give you his place. Have to take it off him.

Rayan Kolli has grabbed his chance, clearly impressing Ainsworth in training.

Comment

Working...
                          X