4 Shittu
    5Parker
    6. Onouha
    7 Maddix
    8 Wicks
    9. Carlisle
    10. Richard Dunne

Alan Spratley
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Big Arthur Gnoere ...old sticky fingers

Comment

Mr Cholmondley -Warner
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

We were struggling in late 1990 so two centre halves were brought in, think it was Bobby Gould who sourced them for us. I think everyone remembers Darren Peacock but the other guy, Andy Tillson gets forgotten. I thought Tillson was a better player than Peacock and did really well for remainder of that season. Dunno what happened then, whether it was injury or falling from favour, but he faded out of the team. Tillson was a very composed classy defender in the Glenn Roeder sort of mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            We were struggling in late 1990 so two centre halves were brought in, think it was Bobby Gould who sourced them for us. I think everyone remembers Darren Peacock but the other guy, Andy Tillson gets forgotten. I thought Tillson was a better player than Peacock and did really well for remainder of that season. Dunno what happened then, whether it was injury or falling from favour, but he faded out of the team. Tillson was a very composed classy defender in the Glenn Roeder sort of mode.
            I thought Tillson was class and also don't know why he drifted out the team. I think Brevett was signed around the same time too through Bobby Gould.

Comment

Dave Needham was good

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Dave Needham was good
                Yes. Fantastic defender - probably best CB I've seen of ours. Wasn't he late 70s though and predates the arbitrary 1984 cut-off for this thread. Presume Needham (or the Mrs) couldn't settle in London unfortunately and soon went back to Nottingham.

Comment

i felt Tillson was a great player too cost 500k back then but Peacock seemed to be prefered to him and i really rated Peacock who only cost 250k

i remember going to sunderland away that season and Tillson was immense he also scored the winner with a header from a corner in a 1-0 win

but because he seemed to lose his way one way or the other be it injury or whatever reason he was no where near my list

think he ended up at Bristol Rovers and left us with Gary Waddock, and Justin Channing due to our link with Rovers under Gerry Francis

miss those times

Peacock, Tillson, Maddix, McDonald, Ready and Alan McCarthy in the squad at same time we were spoiled for choice

Comment

Yes. Fantastic defender - probably best CB I've seen of ours. Wasn't he late 70s though and predates the arbitrary 1984 cut-off for this thread. Presume Needham (or the Mrs) couldn't settle in London unfortunately and soon went back to Nottingham.
                    Yes 1977 just looked him up , was only with us 6 months .

Comment

It was a done Deal would only stay with us a short time Notts County wouldn't sell Forest a player we were to go between,
                      and have we all forgot the Wonderful I'll park where I like Bob Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                      X