Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong

Is anyone else worried about the fact he has less than 2 years left on his contract? (Provided we trigger the extra year option)

Would love the club to sign him to a long term contract and think they should make it a priority. Looks like he is going to be a great player.

I see other teams are starting to take note - I had a look at the Ipswich forum and they were speculating if they could get him cheap next summer

The club should prioritise a longer agreement with Sinclair. He is a cut above most strikers. Strength, running, humble, eye for a goal. Maybe he have to improve his fitness and heading. It's a very long time since we had someone with his qualities.

Comment

Assuming he kicks on, stops missing games, stops limping off in virtually every game he starts and scores at least every few games, I'd offer him improved/extended terms. If he fannied about and refused to sign that contract I'd flog him in January. We can't let him drift into the final year of his contract and clear off for nothing.

Ultimately, the club absolutely needs to make a big sale in the next 12 months - looking at the squad there don't seem to be that many candidates so someone out of Armstrong, Chair, Field and Dykes will have to go. I don't include Willock as I feel he's just gonna sulk his way out of the club on the cheap.

Sinclair might appear very happy with life at LR and content to extend. However, there'll be a hard-headed relative or agent in the background gently informing him he's kissing away a good few £million over next few years by not cashing-in and moving on whilst he's "hot".

Comment

He is a raw talent but at 21 he would have already been at a top club by now if anything about him . If he didn’t have pace he wouldn’t be a footballer imo as his touch and footballing brain isn’t there
        I like him and think his at his level atm with the right coaching he can become a good asset for us . but got to improve on a lot of things
        but when his chasing that ball no defensive would handle it . It’s what he does after that !
        granted he was very unlucky Saturday not to score .

Comment

Not worried. If he scores 20+ goals, sold next summer for significant money.

Comment

Working...
          X