Chelsea and FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea and FFP

A little help/advice from someone please. Under FFP, what criteria do Chelsea have to comply with, in order to be able to spend the enormous amounts of money that they have been, without huge sanctions. Their spending (value for money wise) also seems extremely inflationary. Does FFP take no account of that?
    Thanks to anyone who can educate me.

Listen below......but it requires regular sales and could go very wrong by kicking the can so far down the road.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talkspo...ed-boehly/amp/

Comment

Thanks. Indeed very complex. Two things for sure.
      1) Play like they did yesterday and trouble ahead.
      2) They are going to make huge losses when selling some of their recent signings.
      Thanks once again..

Comment

I hate Chels um but they have some brilliant young players. Losing against West ham was a big slip up but unfortunately they will be in the top 4 at the end of the season, which pains me to say.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Definitely dodgy these 8 year contracts

Comment

There's EUFA FFP and Prem FFP. EUFA have banned those dodgy 8yr amortised contracts now, Prem haven't followed suit as yet. I think the football federation's are too scared to take on these rich owners who have deep pockets and will fight every decision in Court. FFP, or Financial Sustainability as it's now called, is just a smokescreen to give a veneer of fairness and having a level playing field. City have been taking the Mickey for years and their indignant stance of "we're innocent of all charges and we'll fight them all the way in court" is a non-too-veiled threat to The Prem about how much it will cost them to make the charges stick.

Comment

Thanks. I feel glad that I an a Rangers fan for all their troubles. If I was a Chelsea fan I would feel that my club was long gone but was still CFC.
              Only now this means Chelsea Finance Company.

Comment

It seems an accountancy spam that spend out on player transfers hit the books in chunks over the length of the contract, but money in hits the accounts at full value immediately. This is just playing with numbers in my opinion.

You could have ten players bought at 10x £100m and they depreciate over five years (the new max) costing £200m per year. You could sell two of these ten players for £200m and it balances out for FFP. However, you gain with the use of £800m of talent.

However, it still takes a huge amount of cashflow to service these contracts and if they dont make the chamoions league or these players dont hit maintain form they are ####ed.

Their saving grace is that AB sold the club at a discount because he was never going to get the money any way and wanted new owners to invest in the club. I always thought it was a scam that under Russian Sanctions and a UK seized asset that the club was allowed to be sold below book value. I think other clubs were being valued ar £4bln and AB sold it for £2bln. The new owners are really spending ABs discount. They could "lose" £2,000m and sell the club at market value and still break even!!
                Last edited by SheepRanger; 22-08-2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Effing tin-pot outfit. Can't see there'd be a single tear shed if they went bankrupt - there'd be none of the usual cobblers about saving a "community asset" or such like, just a lot of gratification that their stinking shady corporate tosspot owners had caught a very nasty cold. That said, I do remain hopeful that them and their ilk will up sticks to a super League. The more piddly clubs like Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley you get grabbing the Prem £billions the more likely the "glamorous" clubs are to get cheesed off and join a more exclusive and well-heeled league. LIV Football to join LIV golf maybe?

Comment

I didn't think FFP applied to Chelsea or man city

Comment

Only applies to us

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Effing tin-pot outfit. Can't see there'd be a single tear shed if they went bankrupt - there'd be none of the usual cobblers about saving a "community asset" or such like, just a lot of gratification that their stinking shady corporate tosspot owners had caught a very nasty cold. That said, I do remain hopeful that them and their ilk will up sticks to a super League. The more piddly clubs like Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley you get grabbing the Prem £billions the more likely the "glamorous" clubs are to get cheesed off and join a more exclusive and well-heeled league. LIV Football to join LIV golf maybe?
                        I go along with you in the main, but I reckon there'll be a few of their misguided glory seeking fans who'll be a little peeved.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
                          Only applies to us
                          Gentlemen's agreement?

Comment

Working...
                          X