On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Desperately unlucky to lose today, all started so well, first 45 we played some lovely football, could have easily had lead by the odd goal. Sinclair Armstrong was giving their defence hell, and they just could not stop him.
    Second half Willock replaced, was he injured of just not match fit ?. Match a lot more even then disaster struck as first Armstrong then Field went off, from 65 minutes we lost our shape, even though Kakay somehow managed to miss from 2 yards.
    We all know missing Dunne, JCS, Dykes, then losing Willock, SA and Field is a step to far for our squad.

Last 15 we huffed and puffed but obviously our new signings are not yet up to speed and Ipswich created a few chances.

Heartened by what I saw today, without those players going off injured we would not have lost.

1 or 2 loans for RB and forward and I’m sure we will be fine.

Yes, sounds heartening - certainly much rosier than many were fearing just a couple of weeks ago.
    Unlucky? Well, if you don't score or don't tuck away gilt-edged chances you will pay the price - maybe we used up this month's luck when Cardiff hit the bar twice last week.
    Let's hope the knocks we've picked up this week are minor and the players concerned are soon back in contention.

Comment

Good first half unlucky with Armsrongs shot hitting both posts, how Kakay didn't score is beyond me.
      second half was poor, we missed Dykes would have been interesting if Armstong was playing beyond him possibly would have done better.
      All those that complain about Daboutcan see he is important to the side with his work rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
        Good first half unlucky with Armsrongs shot hitting both posts, how Kakay didn't score is beyond me.
        second half was poor, we missed Dykes would have been interesting if Armstong was playing beyond him possibly would have done better.
        All those that complain about Daboutcan see he is important to the side with his work rate.
        He might have a good workrate but he is a poor finisher , a poor touch and poor positional sense .
        In my opinion he is a back up striker at this level , we need someone desperately on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

He might have a good workrate but he is a poor finisher , a poor touch and poor positional sense .
          In my opinion he is a back up striker at this level , we need someone desperately on loan.
          Obviously you don't understand what he brings to the side and a typical supporter that clearly doesn't understand the game, he is a centre forward that brings other players into the game and does it on the international stage.
          So basically your talking crap.

Comment

Actually l didn’t think he played badly maybe lacking a little finesse on the final ball but overall a good game and plenty of effort that’s for sure. No complaints

Comment

For all the talk of Ipswich being great, they were poor and really there for the taking. We pressed well and forced them to play longer passes in the first half and had a couple of chances that really worked Christian Walton.

Game went to bed when we took off Willock and lost Armstrong and Field within about fifteen minutes. The creativity, attacking presence and player who got a foot on the ball and lead us up field all going off just ruined us. The bench is young and I think Kolli run around a lot and worked hard and Dixon-Bonner had some lovely touches and really gave us a lift when we needed it.

It’s tough to take but performances like that with 3-4 players back in the squad and I think we pick up points.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post

Obviously you don't understand what he brings to the side and a typical supporter that clearly doesn't understand the game, he is a centre forward that brings other players into the game and does it on the international stage.
                So basically your talking crap.
                Hate to sound harsh but isn't the point of a centre forward is to score goals. Doesn't take an expert understanding of the game to know that strikers are meant to score. I know he is young and still learning but he has had plenty of minutes under his belt now.

Comment

No way did we deserve to lose , I was pleased with work rate and effort .
                  As said we were on the back foot as soon as we lost those 3.
                  How does Dozzell start over colback

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Because Colback is not match fit yet, give him time & he start in place of Dozzell

Comment

Could of played colback on Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

Hate to sound harsh but isn't the point of a centre forward is to score goals. Doesn't take an expert understanding of the game to know that strikers are meant to score. I know he is young and still learning but he has had plenty of minutes under his belt now.
                        Just proves that you don't understand a centre forwards job I agree he is there to score goals but he is mainly a target man to bring other players in attacking situations he is not a out and out striker like some centre forwards its what he does on and off the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          I actually thought Dozzell played quite well, I get your point though and I think when he is fit Colback will be a good addition for us!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I actually thought Dozzell played quite well, I get your point though and I think when he is fit Colback will be a good addition for us!
                            I also thought Dozzell put in an effort today and had some good moments not a bad player at all. Has become the scapegoat for some of the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

that’s untrue tbh .. we in 2023 now and there is different types of strikers .. there’s target men there’s goal scorers etc .. there is number 10s just if the strikers . Look at heskey played for England but scored hardly any goals but made the team click . Dykes brings so much to the team . Basically now a striker isn’t judged on the goals they have scored it’s what they bring to the team .

Comment

Working...
                              X