Bowler/Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowler/Armstrong

Some years ago we sold Bowler to Everton for 4m. If someone offered us 4m for Armstrong I'm sure we'd sadly jump at it. Could easily be worth 10m in 2 yrs.

He wouldnt be worth £10m in two years because he would be s free agent. We'd get development compensation though I think.

Next summer we need to get him on a longer contract. He seems to be appreciative of the development hes getting from us so I reckon hed sign.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      He wouldnt be worth £10m in two years because he would be s free agent. We'd get development compensation though I think.

Next summer we need to get him on a longer contract. He seems to be appreciative of the development hes getting from us so I reckon hed sign.
      Tie him down to a four year deal now. It will be a mistake if we wait until the end of the season. Its a gamble as he is still developing, however, if he starts hitting goals the sharks will be circling.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

Tie him down to a four year deal now. It will be a mistake if we wait until the end of the season. Its a gamble as he is still developing, however, if he starts hitting goals the sharks will be circling.
        If possibly yes, but do have the budget to double/treble is wages right now? But if we get decent money in if Field; Chair or Eze move on then its a must.

Comment

Armstrong has looked very promising. My only hesitation in tying him down now is he does seem to have had his fair share of injury niggles. Personally would give it a little while this season and if he continues the way he has been been (and I don't just mean by reference to the last game!) then yes a no brainer to tie him down. Looks talented and seems a good sort.

Comment

He's the fastest player I've seen in a Rs shirt since Kyle walker, He's built like a tank and seems to have a proper attitude something others at the club could do well to learn from.

Id like to think one of the more experienced pros will guide him similar to Ray Wilkins did with Les. See if we get some cash and evaluate at xmas.

Hopefully now he's off the mark he will prosper you can see with the amount of graft he's putting in 60-70 mins maybe his max

Comment

If we gave him a fat 5-yr contract and he subsequently turned out to be a flash-in-the-pan who ended up tipping us into bankruptcy what do think the view of folks on here would be then?

A lot of people seem keen to put the boot into the owners for financial and organisational mismanagement so I'm inclined to think there'd be loads of moaning along the lines "why did these idiots bet the farm on such a raw footballer who clearly struggled to score and had questionable stamina?".

We have other players to consider too... Getting Field and Chair to maybe commit and extend for instance. We probably still need some more incomings too.

So, we're potless but simultaneously need to commit to some serious expenditure - it's a conundrum for sure (to be sure). I genuinely don't know the answer but we CANNOT continue going over budget - we must spend and commit to contracts that are affordable and within our means.

Comment

Scores 1 goal and now all of sudden he is worth 4 million. No one would offer that.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                  Scores 1 goal and now all of sudden he is worth 4 million. No one would offer that.
                  Surely Gareth would pay that for him after he's replaced Pep Citeh?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    He's the fastest player I've seen in a Rs shirt since Kyle walker, He's built like a tank and seems to have a proper attitude something others at the club could do well to learn from.

Id like to think one of the more experienced pros will guide him similar to Ray Wilkins did with Les. See if we get some cash and evaluate at xmas.

Hopefully now he's off the mark he will prosper you can see with the amount of graft he's putting in 60-70 mins maybe his max
                    B.O.S?

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                      If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Sensible post

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Happy talk
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                          X