Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacements for Ainsworth

Ainsworth is Finished

Putting on Willock and Dixon Bonner in 7th minute of injury time (Probably to disguise the real reason ie p*ss off Willock) that's the moment, I say get rid now.

Playing Kelman and Smyth instead of Willock and Richards, bizarre when Willock and Richards got the game time in friendlies.

Saying the lads gave everything when it's clear they didn't.

No plan whatsoever.

Think Field and Chair will want to leave.

But who would come here in his place.

Gary O' Neill

His stock is higher than us. Would damage his career coming here.

Warburton

No chance. Snubbed by the club and now he would have work lot harder as we way worse than when he left.

Eustace

Ship has passed. Probably keep performing at Birmingham

Warnock

Never was an option before he went to Huddersfield

Lower league Managers

​​​​​​​Best hope I would imagine

I would say personally the best hope we would have though is someone like Paul Ince. Nothing to lose.

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
    Ainsworth is Finished

Putting on Willock and Dixon Bonner in 7th minute of injury time (Probably to disguise the real reason ie p*ss off Willock) that's the moment, I say get rid now.

Playing Kelman and Smyth instead of Willock and Richards, bizarre when Willock and Richards got the game time in friendlies.

Saying the lads gave everything when it's clear they didn't.

No plan whatsoever.

Think Field and Chair will want to leave.

But who would come here in his place.

Gary O' Neill

His stock is higher than us. Would damage his career coming here.

Warburton

No chance. Snubbed by the club and now he would have work lot harder as we way worse than when he left.

Eustace

Ship has passed. Probably keep performing at Birmingham

Warnock

Never was an option before he went to Huddersfield

Lower league Managers

​​​​​​​Best hope I would imagine

I would say personally the best hope we would have though is someone like Paul Ince. Nothing to lose.
    I couldn’t believe they did not start either considering they played most friendly game but if you listen to his post match interview after Oxford game he says something along lines of “If people don’t try then they won’t be playing for the team”. There is our answer.

Comment

Personally would go for the Plymouth manager

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
        Personally would go for the Plymouth manager
        Why would he move from Plymouth. Not a hope in **** he moving from a club he performing brilliantly at who are already at a higher level than us now.

Realism required. Let's go for Pep..

Comment

Clint Hill
          Derry
          Holloway

Comment

Gary O'Neil all the way for me

should have got him in the minute he was let go by bournemouth

but like you say he wont wanna come now

Comment

not a popular choices these 2 , but Nathan Jones has done well in this league with a small budget. Chris Wilder very experienced at this level albeit his last 2 jobs weren´t success,but he has promotions in his CV. Gary O´Neil of course must be consired,but he might snapped up before we get rid of GA.

But i think we are stuck with GA,cause can´t afford to sack him and his staff

Comment

We are in the process of hiring a new DOF. Please do not even think of appointing a new manager before the DOF is in place. I hope we get a top notch DOF that can restructure the place, starting by working out a football philosophy (which I thought we had until we turned everything around when we suddenly went from McClaren/Warburton/Beale/Critchley to Aisworth, with the latter representing a very different philosophy to the former four).

Once we know what philosophy to base everything on (i.e., ball playing, route one or any other philosophy) we can start thinking about what manager to look for. But I agree that we are not an interesting proposition in the present situation, with FFP limiting everything we can do in the transfer market until June next year (or until Eze is sold).

Next summer, the situation will be very different, with £10-15m more to spend than this season, if we are still in the Championship, and if the owners want to continue digging into their pockets. If we are in League One, it will obviously be much less.

I think Ainsworth was a monumental mistake and I was load and clear about it when he was signed. There is nothing suggesting he is a competent manager at this level and I cannot think any other Championship club would seriously consider him a candidate. However, it makes no sense firing him now, and appoint a new bloke a few weeks or a few months before a new DOF arrives. And who should pick the new manager right now: Our owners? I am sorry, but they are not qualified. I think they were behind the Ainsworth appointment, not Ferdinand/Hoos.

Moreover, if the rumours of potential new majority owners are correct (which I take with a pinch of salt right now), we should certainly not change manager now. New owners will have their own thinking and might even have a nominated new manager as part of the plan.

As much as I respect Ruben, Kamarudin and Amit/Mittals, and appreciate their good intentions and all the money they have invested, a new manager or a new DOF aren't on top of my wish list: It is new majority owners. I keep fingers crossed for some experienced American sport investors that have proven before that they can turn clubs around and deliver success. I think Ruben & co would get a more enjoyable run as minority owners.

Comment

i bet Mark Warburton is watching this situation in disbelief

you rewind this slightly you have your fix

MW the DOF and Critchley or Nathan Jones the manager and we have a totally different situation than we do now

so for me now eff off this DOF thing and just sack GA and have Nathan Jones or Gary O'Neil in charge

MW wont ever come back and hes the best thing weve had since Warnock.

i just cant believe the mess Les Ferdinand made to keep his pay roll coming

now look at us

biggest mess in the football league

were doing a luton to the conference

Comment

What does it matter? This squad isn't good enough for league 2. We are finishing bottom and if honest, I can't even see us getting a win this season. Our club is broke. We have no money and a squad that isn't good enough. No manager can save us. This isn't being pessimistic, this is a reality that fans need to accept

Comment

Marti Cifuentes should be a candidate.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Nigel Pearson he would scare the life out off them
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          If only we were a step up from Hammarby. That's another part of the reality check we're faced with right now. Even as a replacement for Beale one look at the parlous finances would surely have deterred. It's a great shout though.

Comment

Funny

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Vinnie Jones? LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X