Serious Question on FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question on FFP

Does anyone have an idea how a points deduction is calculated due to FFP? I'm asking, because we're going down with this squad.

Can't we throw a few million quid at it? I'd much prefer our chances by investing £5 million and getting deducted 6 points than the current option which is going to see us relegated anyway.

We've been told numerous times our owners are desperate to throw money at it but are restricted by FFP. Is there a loophole in terms of points deduction based on amount overspent?

This squad needs a hell of a lot more than £5m closer to 15-20m

I fail to see any signs that It will improve with the squad that any fans knows is substandard and L1 at best quality

Comment

I've said this all along, why don't we cheat & bend the rules like everyone else. Get more points & just take the deduction.?

Comment

I think we have to sell anyone worth any value. Chair, Willock and Field need to be sold. Hopefully that will raise around £10m-£15m and then we have to invest that back into the squad. The above 3 won't keep us up. Investing £15m by selling them might just do it.

Comment

On top of a points deduction, which will be in excess of six points due to our past FFP record, we will likely be faced with a transfer embargo. The latter might hurt even more than the former.

Our chance is sale of Eze or sales of Chair and Field well ahead of transfer deadline day so we have time to strenghten properly.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            On top of a points deduction, which will be in excess of six points due to our past FFP record, we will likely be faced with a transfer embargo. The latter might hurt even more than the former.

Our chance is sale of Eze or sales of Chair and Field well ahead of transfer deadline day so we have time to strenghten properly.
            Agree, we have to live within FFP rules. Tough season ahead.

Comment

In the eyes of the authorities (who don't like us anyway) it'd be a second offence so I'd expect them to throw the book at us. This sort of carry on only slightly makes sense if you overspend and go up and stay up.... it doesn't stack up as a gamble purely to just stay in the Championship, it just makes the following season(s) far far worse.
              Personally, I think our owners are fed up with putting their hand in their pockets so it's all moot anyway - we will have to live within our meagre means.

Comment

The sanctions arnt set, it can range to ether being a warning, a fine, points deduction all the way up to you being excluded from the league.

The sanctions are determined by a independent commission.

Comment

Working...
                X