Going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going down

The footy mag 442 has us in 24th place in its predictions this season joined by Cardiff and Rotherham , o dear

Can't blame them. We only just stayed up. Lost some decent players who can't stay fit or get to the levels they were a year before. We have replaced them with league 2 players. I think asmir is in for a long season. Let's hope we hit the ground running as if we are in the bottom 3 after 10 games I don't see us scoring enough goals to move up the table. Some serious teams spending big money this year but we are still at the back of the queue holding the begging bowl.

Hope the boys start fast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
      The footy mag 442 has us in 24th place in its predictions this season joined by Cardiff and Rotherham , o dear
      I definitely agree with this and I also think we will be quite a few points behind second bottom.
      I know there is another month until the window closes but the standard of our signings and the players we have been linked with , I don't think we've got a hope in hell of staying up.
      Bar the signing of Begovic who could be a good signing.
      I think it will be Rotherham and Hudddrsfield that go down with us.
      I am normally quite positive and hopeful before a season starts but have never felt this disillusioned with our club and the way it is being run from top to bottom.

Comment

Plymouth's second top scorer Niall Ennis (12 goals) has left for Blackburn and has not been replaced yet.

Bets365 relegated teams are:

Rotherham 2.75
        Plymouth 2.75
        Qpr 3.75
        Cardiff 4.0
        Huddersfield 4.0
        Sheff Wed 4.5
        Birmingham 5.0

Take your pick from that lot.

Comment

Our hope is that underwhelming parts will make a successful sum in the end.

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

That’s the spirit!!

Comment

Stoke and WBA are going to struggle. Rumours of financial armageddon at Blackburn are surfacing...... I don't think it's nearly as cut and dried as some pundits might think - today, we have the nucleus of a team that was top after 16 games. I feel our deterioration thereafter was more about the attitude of the players rather than their ability (or lack of). Much is made of GA's style of play or tactical nous but his biggest job is to get their heads straight. If he manages to foster some spirit, togetherness and fight into the squad I think we can comfortably remain in the top third of the table without ever bothering to look at who's in the bottom 3 berths.

Comment

The start of season and having 4 from 5 away is poor from the club squad could well be on a slump if we can't get some points from them and lose the only game at home, equally we could go the other way amd win a couple away but for me with no real quality come in so far bar begovic I'm not to optimistic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  That’s the spirit!!
                  On paper underwhelming parts....
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

On paper underwhelming parts....
                    That wasn’t meant for you

Comment

I am normally a glass half full kind of guy but it is impossible to be optimistic ahead of this season. Unless there are some surprises between now and the end of the transfer market (like the sale of Eze) we simply won’t have a squad that is good enough for the Championship. Out of the outfield players of last season we have lost Dickie, Balogun, Laird, Iroegbunam, Amos, Johansen, Roberts, Lowe and Martin. That is nine very decent Championship players. We have replaced them with Fox, Smyth and Lerkerch. Out of those it is just Fox that is proven at this level. We might add another 3 or 4 but we are very short compared to last season. I accept that togetherness and attitude has improved but it isn’t enough. I love to be proven wrong but I cannot see how we can stay up.

Comment

That’s the spirit!!
                        What is your opinion then Jeffrey ? Do you think we will stay up , are you happy with our signings , are you happy the way the club is being run ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          I am normally a glass half full kind of guy but it is impossible to be optimistic ahead of this season. Unless there are some surprises between now and the end of the transfer market (like the sale of Eze) we simply won’t have a squad that is good enough for the Championship. Out of the outfield players of last season we have lost Dickie, Balogun, Laird, Iroegbunam, Amos, Johansen, Roberts, Lowe and Martin. That is nine very decent Championship players. We have replaced them with Fox, Smyth and Lerkerch. Out of those it is just Fox that is proven at this level. We might add another 3 or 4 but we are very short compared to last season. I accept that togetherness and attitude has improved but it isn’t enough. I love to be proven wrong but I cannot see how we can stay up.
                          But from your list only Lowe, Martin and Iroegbunam regulars. Dickie and Liard went missing apart from the last five games. Balogun, Roberts and Amos went AWOL or injuried. I do take your point though.

Its worth noting that Lowe and Iroegbunam are still with their parent clubs and could yet end up back with us on loan next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

What is your opinion then Jeffrey ? Do you think we will stay up , are you happy with our signings , are you happy the way the club is being run ?
                            I’ll probably tell you more after transfer window is shut, at present a bit disillusioned with way things are going, if we go down there is nothing I can sbout it but carry on supporting them, hopefully we will have enough to stay up, last season I was losing interest & have never felt like that, signing so far are underwhelming except Begovic, we will wait & see who else comes in & hopefully some prem loans, who’s running the club at present #### knows
                            been coming since since 58 & will till I peg it

Comment

That wasn’t meant for you
                              Ok. Thanks!!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X