• Show
Clear All

• Reading v Qpr

Reading 0 QPR 1
    kellman. 21 mins

Game is 3 x 30 mins
    very even game

Comment

Just watched the game, first half, not to bad,Dykes missed another good chance .
      second half there was so many changes.
      If these development boys are what we have to rely on. We are in the shithouse.
      as for kargbo absolute donkey.
      I know it's just a friendly but i think we are in for a seriously tough season.

Comment

Bearing in mind it’s readings youth team starting

Comment

I'm more concerned that we have lost amos and stef abd haven't replaced either with a like for like type player. Dixon bonner isnt big or good enough. Neither is duke mckenna. We are now giving a trial to a lad who was released by WW and has only played 20 games over 2 seasons. Talk about setting the bar low. I'm hoping we get a couple of decent loans in or GA is trying to convince some proven lads out there to come to us. Thus far we have signed 5 players. 2 of which are proven at this level. The other 3 are a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            I'm more concerned that we have lost amos and stef abd haven't replaced either with a like for like type player. Dixon bonner isnt big or good enough. Neither is duke mckenna. We are now giving a trial to a lad who was released by WW and has only played 20 games over 2 seasons. Talk about setting the bar low. I'm hoping we get a couple of decent loans in or GA is trying to convince some proven lads out there to come to us. Thus far we have signed 5 players. 2 of which are proven at this level. The other 3 are a gamble.
            I agree
            we also must be saving 15/20k a week just from them 2

Comment

Bulk of 1st 11 are fine we all know we need a rb and cf but ffs the development squad would d9 well in a Sunday pub league at best

Kargbo like watch8ng a giraffe play on ice bin the development squad and save enough to get some players in good enough

Comment

Yet we dished out 1 year deals to Dixon bonner and drewe etc. We all know these lads aren't good enough for this league yet we kept them on just to play for the b team. For a club that pleads poverty we don't half like giving out contracts to players who don't deserve one.

Comment

Yet we dished out 1 year deals to Dixon bonner and drewe etc. We all know these lads aren't good enough for this league yet we kept them on just to play for the b team. For a club that pleads poverty we don't half like giving out contracts to players who don't deserve one.
                  Totally agree its a waste of sodding finances they ain't going to get game time so why bother most you will get is a bit of loan money

Comment

Well we need 25 players even if its spread very thin. We know we cant afford the full squad on £12k a week. If injuries pile up they'll either rise to the ocassion, get carried by other senior players or flop.

GA post match interview said one more to come in which I expect to be Forino the right footed CB. Hopefully the prem teams will lower their loans fees later in the window and we can stock up the midfield.

The squad wont be perfect but there will be plently of teams like us in similar circumstances. If we can avoid the injuries and players who went into hiding we'll be okay.

All we need is 45 draws and one win to stay up!! What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Well we need 25 players even if its spread very thin. We know we cant afford the full squad on £12k a week. If injuries pile up they'll either rise to the ocassion, get carried by other senior players or flop.

GA post match interview said one more to come in which I expect to be Forino the right footed CB. Hopefully the prem teams will lower their loans fees later in the window and we can stock up the midfield.

The squad wont be perfect but there will be plently of teams like us in similar circumstances. If we can avoid the injuries and players who went into hiding we'll be okay.

The way our recruitment is going we've got more chance of 45 losses and one win.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Or maybe it's a new right back? Surely forino won't sign if he's not going to be a starter???

Comment

Or maybe it's a new right back? Surely forino won't sign if he's not going to be a starter???
                          GA mentioned today about "player loading" and the performance guy leading the rest periods to avoid injury. I think the CBs will rotate and we may play three at the back on occasions. This Forino guy is 23yrs so there could be one eye on him being a saleable player in a few years. That wont be the case for Fox at 29yrs. We need some players that could be sold by 25yrs.......dunno.....your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

I get having cover but we are still left with 2 very poor players battling for a starting spot at right back.

Comment

I get having cover but we are still left with 2 very poor players battling for a starting spot at right back.
                              Agree, start of last season, we had Kakay and Drewe, signed Laird on loan. I'm expecting us to sign right back on loan just before season starts.

Drewe, Gubbins, Duke-McKenna, Kargbo and Kelman have had several years of full time coaching. We shouldn't have given them another year.

Comment

Working...
                              X