Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers

Given we have no DOF, I’m curious as to who does the negotiating with the player, club, agent etc.

No disrespect but it it’s Lee Hoos, I’m not surprised we are struggling to get anything over the line. His ‘bumbling’, negative style is enough to put anyone off!

Ramsey, Belk and Hoos are all involved is what GA was quoted on saying a few days ago.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Lot of clubs in this division haven't really done an awful lot yet this window. Like most divisions the haves will make the most waves and the rest will be scrabbling around for what they can get. We are not in the haves category!

We won't know until probably very near the end of the window if we have had a good summer recruitment or not.

Comment

Window should close the day before the first games. Bloody daft its open 3.5 weeks into the season. Makes the smaller clubs feeding off scraps have weaker teams early doors. Only helps the bigger clubs.... as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Window should close the day before the first games. Bloody daft its open 3.5 weeks into the season. Makes the smaller clubs feeding off scraps have weaker teams early doors. Only helps the bigger clubs.... as normal.
          They did that a few years ago and it didn't work due to foreign clubs still being able to sign players and coming in with big money offers that teams couldn't turn down but then couldn't replace their star player.

I make you right but it would need to be the same within Europe and that's impossible due to seasons starting at different times, summer leagues etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

They did that a few years ago and it didn't work due to foreign clubs still being able to sign players and coming in with big money offers that teams couldn't turn down but then couldn't replace their star player.

I make you right but it would need to be the same within Europe and that's impossible due to seasons starting at different times, summer leagues etc.
            Our ridiculous 46 game season is a big part of the problem. Makes season too long and puts England out of kilter with European leagues and makes it impossible to have a fixed transfer window across the continent. I suppose the League could just say no ins OR outs after Aug 4th but I suspect PFA would complain that was restricting opportunities for their members.

Comment

Working...
            X