Cost of living crises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of living crises

Any fans out there planning to reduce the number of games you go to due to the financial squeeze we're all facing?

Im out of work at the moment and my current bank balance is starting to get a bit low!! I dount I'll be able to go until I find another job.

Best of luck in the job search Sheep

My son is also looking for something at the moment and finding that although we keep getting told there are loads of vacancies a very high proportion seem to be part time or NMW

It's a fair point you make. Though I tend to try to go to all matches home and away I suspect my resolve may be seriously tested this season because of the cost. Just been quoted £105 return for the train to Boro in September and £74 to Cardiff. Living in Herts I have to generally travel into London first, increasing the cost

I early retired in January, but bored of DIY now, so may need to find a QPR funding job!

Comment

Originally posted by StortfordRanger View Post
      Best of luck in the job search Sheep

My son is also looking for something at the moment and finding that although we keep getting told there are loads of vacancies a very high proportion seem to be part time or NMW

It's a fair point you make. Though I tend to try to go to all matches home and away I suspect my resolve may be seriously tested this season because of the cost. Just been quoted £105 return for the train to Boro in September and £74 to Cardiff. Living in Herts I have to generally travel into London first, increasing the cost

I early retired in January, but bored of DIY now, so may need to find a QPR funding job!
      Wow those train fares are so expensive!!

Having left my job at the end of May, Im now in a sitation where im struggling to find the motivation to work at the level I have in the past. I could retire but the pension and investments have dropped in value so much it's difficult to justify drawing down on them. But knowing how much you'll need to retire on is hard to judge right now. Perhaps I should do a job with less responsibility and pay for the luxuries, like you said.

It doesnt seem right to throw £100 at a Qpr game at the moment! A £6 pint is getting close where Im living....ffs!!

Comment

Working...
      X