Here's hoping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's hoping

Like all of us, entering next season hoping for the best, but with a fair degree of trepidation. Two fairly good players have left and nobody as good as either has been signed. Clearly the club is in a difficult situation and I do not envy anybody tasked with resolving things. Our best (maybe only) chance of success, is if a good number of those who under performed last season, get their act together. Jason Dozell is still here I believe. He cannot possibly be as poor as he has been. Might be interesting if he started to perform.

It would be difficult for Dozzell to do any worse. No goals and no assists last season for a central midfielder is hard to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
      Like all of us, entering
      next season hoping for the best, but with a fair degree of trepidation. Two fairly good players have left and nobody as good as either has been signed. Clearly the club is in a difficult situation and I do not envy anybody tasked with resolving things. Our best (maybe only) chance of success, is if a good number of those who under performed last season, get their act together. Jason Dozell is still here I believe. He cannot possibly be as poor as he has been. Might be interesting if he started to perform.
      Jason Dozzell is not still here my friend

He was never here in the first place

However we have still the pleasure of Andre Dozzell to trust as our midfield dynamo. Think his dad was decent so think we might be better off with Jason.

Comment

Dozzell signed under Warburton. We were playing possession based football. Midfield exchanging passes with back 5. Under Beale, midfielders expected to carry ball forward. Dozzell didn't fit.

Gareth, I think wants midfielders carrying ball upfield and pressing. Dozzell doesn't do that.

Don't see him playing much.

Comment

I'm not really seeing how the loss of an average keeper who didn't want to be here and a lumbering tugboat of a centre half who only pulled his finger out for last few games is any reason for despondency? I think some people will be surprised how far a bit of sweat and belief can take a team - a team of 11 all on the same page and pulling in the same direction is hard to stop, certainly harder to stop than a team with a mix of geniuses, mavericks, prima donnas and mercenaries all looking after number 1..
          It's very conceivable Wild Thing will pull them all together. I choose to believe he can. If others want to believe it will be a catastrophe and horror-show I can't argue against that. I just cant see point in being pessimistic in mid-July, at least give 'em 10 games. How can we expect them to perform if they're kicking off against a backdrop of moaning, groaning and doom-mongering?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I'm not really seeing how the loss of an average keeper who didn't want to be here and a lumbering tugboat of a centre half who only pulled his finger out for last few games is any reason for despondency? I think some people will be surprised how far a bit of sweat and belief can take a team - a team of 11 all on the same page and pulling in the same direction is hard to stop, certainly harder to stop than a team with a mix of geniuses, mavericks, prima donnas and mercenaries all looking after number 1..
            It's very conceivable Wild Thing will pull them all together. I choose to believe he can. If others want to believe it will be a catastrophe and horror-show I can't argue against that. I just cant see point in being pessimistic in mid-July, at least give 'em 10 games. How can we expect them to perform if they're kicking off against a backdrop of moaning, groaning and doom-mongering?
            Ive said consistently we wont go down. I'd settle for 20th place but expect 12-15th when the squad is fully assembled over the next six weeks.

But im starting to get a bit nervous that without transfer funds we cant pull off deals that should be easy - free transfer players from L1. We need money, and need it now, so if any of Chair/Willock/Field are going hopefully buying clubs will make their moves very soon so we can do our business. Despite GAs comments, I hope there is more to Chair's absence from the team on Sat. Hes the biggest asset from a selling perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              He hasn’t just joined he had over 10 games last season and that was a horror show .. we are only underwhelmed because of the football and battering we took off teams like Blackpool
              these are not made up these are facts unfortunately. We obviously all want him to do well and succeed but so far it’s not great reading

Comment

Working...
              X