Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes

Ended his association with the R's. Ten years with the up and down moments. More down to be precise.

His percentage ownership has been going down for a while now and I seem to recall very recently there was a share reallocation which probably relates to this. I can't see this will make any difference to the club.

He had good intentions but overall has not worked out like either he or we would have liked. Best of luck to him in the future.

Comment

Rats deserting a sinking ship springs to mind , first Ferdinand now T.F.
      Good , very poor owner , made some atrocious decisions and not got a clue about running a football club.
      Probably a decent bloke , hence why he was so poor , you need to be ruthless to run a football club.
      Has he bailed because he knows we are going down and could'nt face the stick or is it genuinley to concentrate on his airline business.

Comment

The argument Tony gave for selling his shared is a cover up. He told media that he owes it to the other Air Asia shareholders to give 100% to Air Asia now that the company is out of the struggle caused by the pandemic. That is indirectly saving that he did not owe it to shareholders to give 100% when the situation was dire and the company almost went bust. It does not make sense.

The main problem for Tony is that owning a football club is a very expensive hobby. Tony is either restricted financially or not keep to keep funding QPR. I think the vast majority, if not all the funding has come from Ruben during the past few years, meaning Tony’s shareholding has got more and more diluted. If that will continue the same way he might have as well decide to call it a day. I guess he sold all his shares to Ruben for 1p.

Comment

Working...
        X