Lewis Wing Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Wing Signs

Lewis Wing incoming to be announced very shortly. Great signing, just the sort of hungry player we need right now.

Hope you’re right mate, where did you get the info from?

Comment

Already listed on Wikipedia as a qpr player. Someone having a laugh? Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Already listed on Wikipedia as a qpr player. Someone having a laugh? Time will tell
        I'm unclear how these things work but couldn't anyone go on Wiki and list say, Carol Vorderman as a QPR player? It doesn't really seem a credible source of info and there are clearly many puerile people out there who have a rather low-bar for what constitutes "having a laugh".

Comment

[QUOTE=Westylad;n2591886]Lewis Wing incoming to be announced very shortly. Great signing, just the sort of hungry player we need right now.[/QUOTES

Disagree about a great signing ..
          I’m actually underwhelmed with players like this coming in . These players are Ainsworths mates yes they may of done well for him for Wycombe in league 1 we are not Wycombe and not in league 1 . We are in the championship and it’s a tough league and players like this we are in trouble .
          have you actually watched wing play ?
          No where near championship standard .
          This is going to be a long season

Comment

[QUOTE=Kingaustin;n2591892]
            Originally posted by Westylad View Post
            Lewis Wing incoming to be announced very shortly. Great signing, just the sort of hungry player we need right now.[/QUOTES

Disagree about a great signing ..
            I’m actually underwhelmed with players like this coming in . These players are Ainsworths mates yes they may of done well for him for Wycombe in league 1 we are not Wycombe and not in league 1 . We are in the championship and it’s a tough league and players like this we are in trouble .
            have you actually watched wing play ?
            No where near championship standard .
            This is going to be a long season
            Spot on! Never understood the excitement for Wing and Regan Poole. Much better players available.

Comment

I think we have to take chances on L1 players who might step up to Championship level.

lewis wing and regan poole, best we can do.

Sell at least one of Chair, Willock, Field and Dieng, gives us options.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                I think we have to take chances on L1 players who might step up to Championship level.

lewis wing and regan poole, best we can do.

Sell at least one of Chair, Willock, Field and Dieng, gives us options.
                Not a lot of point in selling our best players , if the club are not going to invest it into buying better players , or at least use the money to get decent Prem players on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                  I believe that top L1 players can easily do the job in the Championship and we must remember that Wing has played over 100 games in the Championship. Don´t know much about Regan Poole,but he might also be a player who is now ready to take step up to the Championship. And let´s not forget that GA knows L1 and it´s players inside out,so he knows who might improve our squad. Of course if we could afford i would love us to sign 5-6 proven quality Championship players,but we can´t, so must dig deeper

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post

I believe that top L1 players can easily do the job in the Championship and we must remember that Wing has played over 100 games in the Championship. Don´t know much about Regan Poole,but he might also be a player who is now ready to take step up to the Championship. And let´s not forget that GA knows L1 and it´s players inside out,so he knows who might improve our squad. Of course if we could afford i would love us to sign 5-6 proven quality Championship players,but we can´t, so must dig deeper
                    Around 70 games in 5 years at Middlesbrough
                    Played mostly for there under 23s

I will get behind him and the team anyhow but ..
                    Where is this amazing scouting system the club keep talking about where we do all this research and stats on them before we sign them
                    All im seeing is Ainsworth mates coming thru the door .
                    will be another rebuild next summer with a new manager . Ainsworth will not last past September

Comment

We've made these signing so far without a DoF so it does beg the question whether we need one

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        We've made these signing so far without a DoF so it does beg the question whether we need one
                        Have we signed wing or regan poole then ?

Comment

If we recruit a manager from a lower division I would see one of the benefits of that being that he knows players at that level that he is confident can make the step up and we can obtain cheaply. If indeed we do sign Wing then he would appear to fit that bill as would Smyth. Both have dropped divisions, got game time, done well and now having another crack at the Championship. The Fulham kid is a typical case of young player been at bigger clubs but not had the opportunities so dropping down to kick start their career. Dunne is an example of that as is Willock. These are the markets we are in. We aren't big players in this league so can't splash the cash.

As for selling players I suspect most if not all the players mentioned by Isleworth will be sold and most of that will go into trying to balance the books. This was always going to be a tough year for reasons we are painfully aware of. I have a gut feeling we will end up keeping one of Chair and Willock but no rationale for that. Field would love to keep but suspect he will go.

With the backroom appointment announced yesterday does look as though the club are investing in improving the mentality of the squad and we have been sadly lacking in that department over past couple of seasons so for me a good thing. Add in the new training facilities and we are hopefully creating an environment that will get the most out of players and make us attractive to both permanent and loan signings. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            In fairness to our ex-DOF I would think we've had a list of targets for months and we were not starting from "zero" following Les's departure. Obviously GA would bring with him a number of ideas and candidates but in all honesty I really worry about managers that bring in their old players - reminds of me of Redknapp's farcical time here and recruiting a known fruitloop like Sandro for £8m.

Comment

Whenever we're linked with players each Summer. I look at one stat, minutes on pitch. Last season, league football.

Lewis Wing, 3,638 minutes.
                              Regan Poole 4,050 minutes.

They may not be best players in world, but I bet they have superb attitude and character.

Top three qualities I want in our signings this summer.

1. Attitude
                              2. Attitude
                              3. Attitude

Comment

Working...
                              X