Look on the bright side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look on the bright side...

we are putting together a squad that is seriously capable of challenging for 21st spot this coming season!

No chance . Still need 3/4 decent championship players to keep us in this league .
    need to keep field over any other player
    and also need a new manager . I would love to be proven wrong as I will be at every game home and away next season no matter what the results .

Comment

I counted at least 8 dressing room lockers without name tags so still another 6 players required.

Comment

Still some decent players available on free transfers. Regan Poole, Lewis Wing for example.

Get couple in next week, hoping for mid table next season.

Clarke-Salter and Richards need to be fit next season. We can't afford squad to cope with 6-9 players unavailable each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
          No chance . Still need 3/4 decent championship players to keep us in this league .
          need to keep field over any other player
          and also need a new manager . I would love to be proven wrong as I will be at every game home and away next season no matter what the results .
          Had a dream last night we lost the Watford game 5-0

Comment

Sadly I think we will have to do a chunk of our recruitment last minute as we have no money and are reliant on players leaving and other players assessing their options to see if they can do better.

No problem players brought in so far. Richards we had no choice and if he can sort his head and fitness out then for me starts with a clean slate. Smyth could be a decent signing. Over 200 first team games now and obviously feels right time to make the move to a higher division. The fact he has chosen to come back here suggests he is confident and determined to make an impression. Know nothing much about guy from Fulham but can play anywhere on left side, has pace and can put a cross in.

A cliche but for me Dykes new deal is almost like a new signing too.

Plenty of decent freebies will be available from both here and abroad.

We'll see how next month or so goes. Hopefully we will have a more balanced and mentally stronger side than last season. Could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Had a dream last night we lost the Watford game 5-0

I don’t know if I’d actually take that! The way the club is run and the state of the current ‘first team’ at the moment, that could be one of our lesser defeats!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

I don’t know if I’d actually take that! The way the club is run and the state of the current ‘first team’ at the moment, that could be one of our lesser defeats!
                Bloody hell, cheer up. Wait at least until we go 1-0 down after 7mins before the doom n gloom sets in. Top your glass up and hope

Comment

Duke-McKenna and Kelman are also like new signings. I was dead certain they were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Plenty of decent freebies will be available from both here and abroad..
                    Yes, we should look more players from abroad. There are lots of players who can do the job in the Championship and we can afford them. Paal for example was a free transfers and he was good last season. Like Pukki at Norwich, he was a free transfer and i guess noboby in the UK knew him and he scored almost 100 goals for them. There are lots of good examples from the past . Of course signing foreign players can be risky, but if a player has been scouted well then why not take a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X