Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziyad Larkeche - Official

20yr old LB free transfer from Fulham

ZIYAD Larkeche has joined QPR, agreeing a three-year deal.

Larkeche, 20, arrives following his departure from Fulham, who he had been with since 2020.

The left-back, who can also operate on the left wing, spent last season on loan at Barnsley, helping them to a League One play-off finish.

Larkeche, who has represented France at Under-20 level, is excited about the next chapter of his footballing career in this country, explaining: “I am really pleased for this new challenge and opportunity. I now just want to start, meet the boys, and get on the pitch to express myself.

“I spoke with the manager and had a really positive discussion which was something really important for me to do before coming here.

“I felt this was the right step for me.”

Describing his strengths, QPR’s latest signing said: “I try to attack a lot, if I can score or assist I am really happy. That’s what I want to do but I also like to defend and win challenges.

“I try to run a lot during the game, I don’t really get tired, so I can give the effort for the team.

“If I fight for my teammates, I want them to do the same back which will lead to success and something really important is the mentality in the changing room.”

Larkeche is now focused on getting ready for life as a QPR player and looking forward to playing in front of the R’s supporters.

“That’s something I am really excited for,” he said. “I think the most important thing in football is giving joy to the fans.”

Head coach Gareth Ainsworth is delighted with the capture of Larkeche, which follows Tuesday’s arrival of Paul Smyth.

“Without a shadow of a doubt, Ziyad is a player that excites me, you don’t get in the France Under-20s team for nothing and he’s a real hidden talent so I am really pleased we got him,” Ainsworth said.

“He can play left wing-back, left back and, if needed, left centre-back. He’s going to bring healthy competition and it’s definitely an area that we have made a priority to fill.”

Kenneth Paal was a regular at left back last season, making 41 appearances in his debut campaign, but Ainsworth was mindful of the limited options on that side of the pitch when assessing the QPR squad.

“With the enormous amount of games Kenneth played last year, everyone was worried when he got injured,” Ainsworth said.

“We ended up papering over the cracks by filling in right backs at left back, so what Ziyad gives us is a natural left back to compete with Kenneth which is very important to me.”

Describing the capabilities of his new arrival, Ainsworth said: “Ziyad is quick, a good defender, stays on his feet, and delivers a fantastic cross into the box which is something that we have been lacking with some of the centre forwards we have.

“They are going to thrive off deliveries from both wingers and full-backs this year and Ziyad can definitely step up to that.”

Comment

Welcome Ziyad

Comment

Baller !
        surprise Fulham have let him go .. much better than pal imo .
        his an attacking left back got pace too !
        great signing . Well done QPR

Comment

Nothing wrong with playing him on the left side with paal. If he deliver decent crosses to dykes that's a big improvement from last season and we've desperately lacked any kind of pace.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Bonjour Monsieur

If he plays as good as he's made out to be - fantastique

Comment

Welcome!!
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I dont know anything about the lad but the write up sounds very promising. He can cover left CB too which is something Field has done in the past.

Comment

Working...
                X