One Year Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Contracts

Pedder, Aoraha, Duke-McKenna, Jude-Boyd, Kelman, Gubbins all have one year deals.

Are we getting stricter, we used to hand out 3-4 deals like confetti.

Are any of them worth one yr deals

Comment

Doesnt inspire that a CF has been given a one year deal. We seem happy to see hom walk next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Are any of them worth one yr deals
        Not sure some of them worth one week deals.

Pedder, Jude-Boyd, Aoraha need to impress this season

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Doesnt inspire that a CF has been given a one year deal. We seem happy to see hom walk next summer.
          Odd to exercise 1 year option with Kelman and Gubbins. Coaches have seen them for several years.

Pedder should have gone out on loan last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Odd to exercise 1 year option with Kelman and Gubbins. Coaches have seen them for several years.

Pedder should have gone out on loan last season.
            This is what is so worrying about our club , the coaches and scouts can't seem to be able to spot if a player is good enough or not.
            After seeing Kelman in just the odd appearance for us i can tell he is'nt good enough , also his loans to leagues below us he struggles to hold down a regular starting place . So get rid of him , why waste a squad place or wages on him.
            As for gubbins he was on loan at Oxford city and did'nt do brilliantly , get rid now , never going to be a championship footballer.
            Hamalainen is another one that should never have been signed , he's been poor when playing for us and on most of his loans , so who gave him a 4 year deal . That should be an instant sacking offence .
            Kakay is another player we've held onto for too long , yes he tries hard but never going to be good enough for Championship football.
            Owens was another , complete waste of space.
            Why the #### is the P.E. teacher still here , his mate has gone now get rid of him asap before we fall further down the leagues.

Comment

These lads have a connection to us, so tell them to sign two year deals at other clubs and we'll monitor their progress. If they do well we can bring them back on free transfers like Smyth.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Not sure some of them worth one week deals.

Pedder, Jude-Boyd, Aoraha need to impress this season
                Agree. However, how many chances they've been given in the first team? How can you judge a player if he never played for the first team?

Comment

Pedder has something about him

would be better if he bulked up a tiny bit though

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

This is what is so worrying about our club , the coaches and scouts can't seem to be able to spot if a player is good enough or not.
                    After seeing Kelman in just the odd appearance for us i can tell he is'nt good enough , also his loans to leagues below us he struggles to hold down a regular starting place . So get rid of him , why waste a squad place or wages on him.
                    As for gubbins he was on loan at Oxford city and did'nt do brilliantly , get rid now , never going to be a championship footballer.
                    Hamalainen is another one that should never have been signed , he's been poor when playing for us and on most of his loans , so who gave him a 4 year deal . That should be an instant sacking offence .
                    Kakay is another player we've held onto for too long , yes he tries hard but never going to be good enough for Championship football.
                    Owens was another , complete waste of space.
                    Why the #### is the P.E. teacher still here , his mate has gone now get rid of him asap before we fall further down the leagues.
                    Yep. I have been carping on for years about how long it takes our kids/prospects to mature. I don't expect them to be a Saka or Bellingham (who's still a teenager BTW) but flipping hell, if they're way-off the first team squad at 21 I really don't know what the point of them is.
                    I realise some players enter the game late in their careers like Les Ferdinand or Ian Wright but when a player has been "on the books" of clubs since they were 14ish I think FFS, how many years do you need before we can take your nappy/bib/stabilisers off and call you a proper footballer?

Comment

The reasons these lads have been given one year deals - to fill up the subs bench?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66059634

Comment

That just seems to me to be MORE players not getting a game each week - how do they get match fit and match experience other that as a spectator?

But guess I don't understand the nuances of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                          The reasons these lads have been given one year deals - to fill up the subs bench?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66059634
                          They will be on the subs bench but will Ainsworth take one of our starting 11 off and put one of them on ? No because they are not good enough and his job will be on the line , which makes it pointless signing them on one year contracts.
                          It was the same when Warburton was here , he knew our youngsters were'nt good enough so did'nt even bother naming them on the bench and put 2 goalkeepers on it , hence why he fell out with Ferdinand.
                          There is a reason these players are only being signed on one year contracts and that is they are not good enough , plus i doubt anyone else wants them .

Comment

Its commonplace for clubs to hand out shorter contracts to under 21s who might be behind in their development, maybe we extended their contracts potentially to give them one more chance or else they are released.

Comment

thinking Pedder who looks good in the reserves with his light frame the management are reluctant to give him a try in first team especially in big league games....so its gonna be a massive pre season for him i think.

i remember Eze Chair were not thrown straight in and it took a while for both them to get their chance.

we live in hope

been slim pickings over the years since the likes of your Alan McDonalds Wayne Feredays Gary Waddocks in the 80s and yer David Kerslakes and Martin Allens, Justin Channings etc face it the 80s were a conveyor belt

what we had since 90s?

Bradley Allen, Kevin Gallen, Danny Dichio, Nigel Quashie, RichardLangley, the sucsesses before Eze and Chair but what before them? Matthew Brazier, Marcus Bean, Richard Paquette, Chris Plummer Joe Lumley

bizzare really over 30 years and not all of them successes

Comment

Working...
                              X