Candidates for QPR DOF role FFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidates for QPR DOF role FFS

Cant believe were still going on with this DOF role now is the time we need to realise the DOF role is not for QPR

now if Gallen or whoever gets the DOF role is getting the same wage as Ferdinand was surely it defeats the object its not just Les thats failed in the role its the fact that the DOF at QPR is not needed and will be a failure whoever does it.

surely the money would be best off spent on signings?

surely MW if we do have to have one is the man for the role

Just read this.......

" Charlton Athletic’s Director of Football Steve Gallen is now a contender to replace Les Ferdinand at QPR, reports West London Sport.

Ferdinand has left his position as director of football at QPR after eight years. It’s been an increasingly tough spell for the former QPR striker who’s come under growing criticism over the past few years, for QPR’s poor league finishes and likewise transfer business.

Qpr do need a DOF as that’s the middle between manager / chairman
    our owners are not running the club day to day like some chairmans . Amit has his own company swordfish which he runs day to day
    the others don’t even stay in this country most of the time .. so if we didn’t Have a DOF it would be #### show of the running day to day .
    i think the role is more of a behind the scenes manager

Comment

We've set our stall out with GA - now Hoos can get the players in he wants. #### this recruitment by committee

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        We've set our stall out with GA - now Hoos can get the players in he wants. #### this recruitment by committee
        Agree, maybe manager gets players they want.

Comment

We are getting a new DOF in, aren`t we? At least that`s my understanding.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Given we have no money and can't afford any proven decent players, I cannot see the point of some mastermind DOF combing the world for players. Also, with GA's basic style of football there's no need for a DOF to ensure all levels from kids to men are being trained and coached in a consistent manner in order to play "the Rangers way". Having a DOF in our current situation feels like trying to run before we've learned to walk.
            I'd hand all things "football" over to GA and let Hoos handle contracts and remuneration - reckon the leaner our operation is the more likely it is that GA will get the team gelling and performing.
            Hopefully, when the new team picture comes out in several weeks players in hoops will totally outnumber the staff in tracksuits - does my head in when team pic has about 25 blokes in trackies I've never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Given we have no money and can't afford any proven decent players, I cannot see the point of some mastermind DOF combing the world for players. Also, with GA's basic style of football there's no need for a DOF to ensure all levels from kids to men are being trained and coached in a consistent manner in order to play "the Rangers way". Having a DOF in our current situation feels like trying to run before we've learned to walk.
              I'd hand all things "football" over to GA and let Hoos handle contracts and remuneration - reckon the leaner our operation is the more likely it is that GA will get the team gelling and performing.
              Hopefully, when the new team picture comes out in several weeks players in hoops will totally outnumber the staff in tracksuits - does my head in when team pic has about 25 blokes in trackies I've never heard of.
              I've always thought QPR have undervalued Sports Science.

Rotherham have sleep consultant. Better nights sleep, improved performance next day.

AFC Wimbledon had volunteer Subs coach. He spent match coaching subs, pointing out other teams tactics, weak points etc. Keeping subs focused. Ready to play.

Comment

If i were the new DOF i would make the decision to sack GA and bring in Gary O'Neil think he came across well in his brief spell at Bournemouth

seems very knowledgeable and i thought he done a good job at Bournemouth

a hidden gem so to speak to me he seems very keen to impress and would be the ideal manager/ head coach at QPR and not long retired so will be even more upto date on his coaching tasks

and had previous with our club

Comment

Gary O'Neil would be a good choice and he did well at Bournemouth. I am not convinced at all with GA, his level is Div 1 and that's it, but he is the choice at the moment and we have to get behind him and he may surprise us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
                    If i were the new DOF i would make the decision to sack GA and bring in Gary O'Neil think he came across well in his brief spell at Bournemouth

seems very knowledgeable and i thought he done a good job at Bournemouth

a hidden gem so to speak to me he seems very keen to impress and would be the ideal manager/ head coach at QPR and not long retired so will be even more upto date on his coaching tasks

and had previous with our club
                    I agree, think he would be the perfect fit for us, very shocked to see him sacked by Bournemouth to be honest, thought he could build a strong squad there.

Ainsworth for me wont last beyond october imo unless he seriously starts off well, which isn't looking likely right now.

Comment

Similary stunned to see O'Neil sacked. Did great job last season. However GA deserves a chance with his own squad and having had a pre-season behind him. If things don't work out and O'Neil still available would be happy to see him given a chance.

Comment

GA kept us up and we aint sacking him as hed have to pay off his contract. If there is a DoF it will be one that does not conflict with GAs plans. Otherwise we're just creating a problem for ourselves.

Give GA a chance after hes got the slackers out of the club.

We need stability and cant continue with all this p1$$ing about.

Comment

Working...
                        X