Our Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Academy

Just read an article stating that Liverpool's Harvey Elliot was actually a QPR player at a very young age. One of many that got away. Cannot understand how can we ever make profit from our academy if promising youngsters are poached away that early!

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Just read an article stating that Liverpool's Harvey Elliot was actually a QPR player at a very young age. One of many that got away. Cannot understand how can we ever make profit from our academy if promising youngsters are poached away that early!
    very difficult to keep our most promising youngsters, especially now with EPPP.

Comment

Fulham nicked him from us when he was 15, and Liverpool nicked him from Fulham when he was 16.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Elliott

We take players back at 21-23 when they fall out the other end. Not that this has worked out too well for us.

Comment

Gone are the days of producing one talent after the other. Future don't look very optimistic. There should be some rules to protect small clubs. If not, why bother having an academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Gone are the days of producing one talent after the other. Future don't look very optimistic. There should be some rules to protect small clubs. If not, why bother having an academy?
          By restricting a kids right to do what and his family want to do. If you train with Qpr at 8yrs you must stay there till 18? Seems some sort of child slavery to me.

These kids get picked up by big clubs and most never mske it because they are focused on buying established players. They get a good footballing education and find their level on the why back down. Look at Bowler.

We pick up free out of contract players.

Comment

We're assuming Harvey Elliott would have succeeded if he'd stayed with our academy.

My view, 19-20. If you're not training with 1st team, time to leave.

Comment

Let me tell you what really happened qpr had no choice Harvey was a unbelievable player and his dad knew it Fulham wanted him but didn’t want to pay the money so now at the academy’s there is a lot of focus on safeguarding and these other clubs know this so they advise the parents on what they should do and low and behold the player goes to qpr tells them he is not happy and it’s affecting his wellbeing and there is nothing qpr can do so qpr didn’t let Harvey go they had no choice

Comment

Originally posted by lee hawkins View Post
                Let me tell you what really happened qpr had no choice Harvey was a unbelievable player and his dad knew it Fulham wanted him but didn’t want to pay the money so now at the academy’s there is a lot of focus on safeguarding and these other clubs know this so they advise the parents on what they should do and low and behold the player goes to qpr tells them he is not happy and it’s affecting his wellbeing and there is nothing qpr can do so qpr didn’t let Harvey go they had no choice
                Spot on, one of my relatives lad was at pboro but Leicester wanted him he did go there for 2 years but pboro said look if it don't work out doors open has just signed for pboro again but academy of our status got no hope of keeping top draw players it's wrong but sod all sides like us can do

Comment

Originally posted by lee hawkins View Post
                  But losing promising players, and QPR's predicament is affecting my happiness and wellbeing. Who's giving a thought to that?

Comment

So we must all be content that there is nothing else to do! Small clubs should unite on this issue as eventually it will destroy most of them. Bringing young talent should be an automatic right for small clubs and compensation should follow to keep clubs flowing in very rough seas!

Comment

Working...
                    X